Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still a competitive Championship Side???

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
After seeing us play at Peterborough & the Amex last night it could be a long season!
Someone convince me please!! ??????

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going to start one these threads in a minute to let you know. :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could you use CAPITALS in the title so I know what to look for.

Or I could dial 0800MISERY

NO PROBLEM ES. Anything to help.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Well I watched Bruno play just in front of Calderon last week at London road last week it was a shambles?????

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
With the budget we have going up against ten sides still receiving parachute payments we are extremely competitive and have over achieved the last two seasons.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Yes agreed! But my question was are we STILL a competitive Championship side????????

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
F@@k me the season hasn't started yet and according to some we are already relegated. Who cares if we loose a few friendlies it matters next Saturday when the season starts, so let's get behind the team and hopefully we will have another exciting season

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
After seeing us play at Peterborough & the Amex last night it could be a long season!
Someone convince me please!! ??????

We didn't play our starting XI against Saints or Peterborough so they should be better than the 2 half strength XI's that were played.

We should still have a very strong and competitive Xi for this season and we can still strengthen it further and add more depth to our squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really depends on the quality and the number we bring in before the window closes. The current squad is not good enough to be any more than bottom half of the table IMO. We don't know if the manager is up to scratch in this division either, it was a good idea to keep Nathan Jones as a link from last season.

Gonna miss SW but will be at Brum when hopefully our squad will be strengthened and complete.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Call me old-fashioned but despite my slight apprehension I might just go along next Saturday, sing and cheer 'til I'm hoarse, attend the Cup game, visit Brum and carry on likewise for a couple of months before I form a solid opinion built on facts and figures.
On the other hand, feck it I might just stay indoors with my head under a blanket and read the Daily Mail.

FFS.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Call me old-fashioned but despite my slight apprehension I might just go along next Saturday, sing and cheer 'til I'm hoarse, attend the Cup game, visit Brum and carry on likewise for a couple of months before I form a solid opinion built on facts and figures.
On the other hand, feck it I might just stay indoors with my head under a blanket and read the Daily Mail.

FFS.

Finally some sanity...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Were people expecting our make shift team to smash Southampton then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here