Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
lualua-31jul14-ld229-1797323_478x359.jpg

Kazenga LuaLua
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
12:01 1st August 2014
by Mollie Bennett
I prefer it, as a winger you get many chances because you’re closer to the striker. "
Kazenga LuaLua

Brighton and Hove Albion winger Kazenga LuaLua believes he can benefit from a new attacking formation that Sami Hyypia has brought to the club.Albion’s wide players have been playing closer to a central striker during pre-season, and LuaLua is enjoying the new role.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “As wingers, we are playing more inside to support the striker. It’s a good position and I enjoy it.
“I prefer it, as a winger you get many chances because you’re closer to the striker. When you have the ball you are already facing the defender.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

“It’s a new position for me, Solly [March], Bucka [Will Buckley] and Shamir [Fenelon]. It will take time to get used to and won’t happen straight away, but I’m sure when we are used to it we will score a lot of goals.”The Seagulls have been using this formation throughout pre-season and LuaLua benefitted from it last night, scoring against Southampton in the 3-1 defeat at the Amex.
“It’s different playing against a Premier League team, the pace and tempo is faster. They are a different class as a Premier League side.
“They were better than us, but we want to be like them. We want to learn from them and get better; it takes time, but I’m sure we will get there in the end.”

[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY[/h] SATURDAY 9TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V CHELTENHAM[/h] TUESDAY 12TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v BOLTON[/h] SATURDAY 23RD AUGUST, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here