Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughes-010814-l229-1797939_478x359.jpg

Aaron Hughes
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
14:44 1st August 2014
by James Hilsum
The manager explained what he wants from us more experienced players and how we can help the younger lads as well. "
Aaron Hughes

Aaron Hughes believes experience will be key to Brighton & Hove Albion’s chances of success as they head into the new campaign.The 34-year-old underlined how unpredictable the Championship is and believes the more senior players have an important role to play.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Every game is so competitive. You get one week where the bottom team gets hammered and then the next week they go and beat the top team.
“That’s how it works and you’ve just got to take each game as it comes.
“If we focus on getting our quality right every day in training, then we’ll see the benefits regardless who we play.
“The manager explained what he wants from us more experienced players and how we can help the younger lads as well.
“We’ve got a good mix in the squad with the younger lads here as well. There is a good energy about them and I think that’s good for us.
“When everyone is feeling a little bit tired, that’s when they step up and help us through.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Hughes stressed that the side will be counted on to repeat their superb defensive record in the upcoming campaign, with the Seagulls boasting the second best defensive record in the Championship last season.He is also thrilled to be linking up again with former Fulham team-mate David Stockdale, after the goalkeeper made his debut against Southampton last night.
“The defence has been so good and you have to live up to that expectation. I think that’s why someone like Matthew [Upson] earned his move back to the Premier League.
“It’s great to have someone like David here, as I know how good a keeper he is and how important it is to have an assured goalkeeper behind you.
*“I had a little smile to myself when I heard he was joining because he’s a good signing.”

[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY[/h] SATURDAY 9TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V CHELTENHAM[/h] TUESDAY 12TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v BOLTON[/h] SATURDAY 23RD AUGUST, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here