Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am concerned...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Maybe it is just me, and I hope everyone will tell me I'm wrong. But we look AWFUL. Defensively we look vulnerable, and to be honest, this 4321 business is making us look crap and extremely susceptible to attacks down both wings, especially Chicksen's left side. I know and hope this is just me being nervous, but I do worry that perhaps new signings won't fix our problems, but the system we play is actually not effective. In theory it was said it would provide everything we were missing before (Pace on the counter, more goals, less passing the ball around the back and more direct attacking football) and many were unhappy with how negative our play was, but we may have sacrificed the control we had in games but not actually developed any attacking prowess. I would be happy if our attacking play improved with games being more exciting, but when we go forward we look just as clueless and un-ruthless as before.

Please tell me it just me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't see us live this season so withhold judgement but the people I normally go with who went last night thought we were a shambles, and one of them is the eternal optimist :down:

Oh, expect a bed wetter gif to appear on this thread soon.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I haven't see us live this season so withhold judgement but the people I normally go with who went last night thought we were a shambles, and one of them is the eternal optimist :down:

Oh, expect a bed wetter gif to appear on this thread soon.

I know, I hope I am not a bedwetter but its my opinion. Hope I am a wrong.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thought we looked poor (on tv) at Peterborough and wondered what the tactics were, as it seemed a bit...hit it, and hope for the best. Sounded dreadful (web) last night.
I think we will be laughed at a lot this season, unless some quality is brought in sharpish, thanks to the arrogance of some of our fans on other boards..

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We've only played a couple of friendly games so I'll reserve judgement until we have our full starting squad and are at least 6 or so games into the season.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I dont think we stand a chance and ita obvious we will get relegated then Barber will leave and TB will sell the club to a director of a DIY shop and they will build a retail park on the AMEX site which next year will be called Falmer due to AMEX pulling out of sponsorship deal after our relegation, to make things worse we wont have the money for footballs and the games will be played with a substitute ball made from chewing gum that the club will want YOU the supportto buy and chew the gum to make!!! Harveys will be replaced with Tizer and cost £18!!! Someone needs to start a thread about how bad things are after losing a couple friendly do we have one yet???????

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its not the 'losing' of friendly matches that is upsetting...its not seeing anything to be hopeful about when watching, listening, or reading about it

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Its not the 'losing' of friendly matches that is upsetting...its not seeing anything to be hopeful about when watching, listening, or reading about it

We have been here before pre season, im sure gus and Garcia both had doom and gloom threada pre season, im sure someone on here ia it smart enough to find them

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Competitive matches played so far under new management? 0.

My advice would be to start worrying after about 10 competitive games if we still look a shambles.

That helps.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Maybe it is just me, and I hope everyone will tell me I'm wrong. But we look AWFUL. Defensively we look vulnerable, and to be honest, this 4321 business is making us look crap and extremely susceptible to attacks down both wings, especially Chicksen's left side. I know and hope this is just me being nervous, but I do worry that perhaps new signings won't fix our problems, but the system we play is actually not effective. In theory it was said it would provide everything we were missing before (Pace on the counter, more goals, less passing the ball around the back and more direct attacking football) and many were unhappy with how negative our play was, but we may have sacrificed the control we had in games but not actually developed any attacking prowess. I would be happy if our attacking play improved with games being more exciting, but when we go forward we look just as clueless and un-ruthless as before.

Please tell me it just me.

You're not allowed to hold these opinions. The NSC concensus says so.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I think it's obvious we should be concerned. Last 2 windows we've lost key players and influences like Barnes, Bridcutt, El-Abd and last seasons 4 player of the seasons candidates.

For me, only Stockdale currently represents an improvement and I can fully appreciate why the last 2 manager have been unhappy with the player recruitment process and personnel. The next 3-4 signings are critical IMO.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This 'friendlies mean nothing' nonsense that seems so de rigueur here these days is even more pitiful than the moaning brigades drivel.
Friendlies do matter. The performance as a team, and as individuals, does matter. The formation, tactics etc DO matter. It all matters.
People are quite entitled to be a little concerned. Suicidal no, concerned yes.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Competitive matches played so far under new management? 0.

My advice would be to start worrying after about 10 competitive games if we still look a shambles.

We will do. I have no doubt about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here