Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The past!!!

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
Why do people keep going on about the past and where we come from? Are we gonna be saying that forever? We all know what we've been through!!! The point is we have the highest attendances outside of the premier league which must surely also mean the highest match day revenue and all everybody in the club goes on about is ffp! We have sold players worth millions over the last 18 months and not replaced any where near of the same quality. I think most supporters are concerned with the lack of investment on the playing side and the fact every season we seem to be feeding on scraps! Yes we made the play offs last year but I personally thought we went backwards, the style of play was shocking and at the Amex the football was garbage, this year whilst it's only been friendlies it would seem once again we've gone backwards!!! The season starts in a week and I understand it's difficult to get players in etc etc but this isn't a league where you wanna be playing catch up!!! I think if this premier league dream is to become reality then the time for talking is over and we now need to see some real intent !!!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We absolutely will be playing catch up from September 1st, and that's fine by most of NSC, they seem to forget how close it can be at the top and how much every point counts.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Edit: don't wanna be playing catch up

Championship history is littered with clubs that started slowly and then caught fire later in the season. Reading and Palace are two recent examples, both starting serious challenges around Christmas. Squads take time to take shape. Sometimes, one new face can make a big difference or returns from injuries. We had to play catch up last season after one of the worst injury crises in recent memory. Fans seem to forget that we played week after week with only Barnes upfront and many posters on here were writing off our play-off chances.
I would rather we finished strongly than started at a rush like 2011-12 and then fell away badly in the run-in. We are going to have to be patient. It will be a slow start but lets see the squad composition on the 1st September before rushing to judge the season too quickly.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Why do people keep going on about the past and where we come from? Are we gonna be saying that forever? We all know what we've been through!!! The point is we have the highest attendances outside of the premier league which must surely also mean the highest match day revenue and all everybody in the club goes on about is ffp! We have sold players worth millions over the last 18 months and not replaced any where near of the same quality. I think most supporters are concerned with the lack of investment on the playing side and the fact every season we seem to be feeding on scraps! Yes we made the play offs last year but I personally thought we went backwards, the style of play was shocking and at the Amex the football was garbage, this year whilst it's only been friendlies it would seem once again we've gone backwards!!! The season starts in a week and I understand it's difficult to get players in etc etc but this isn't a league where you wanna be playing catch up!!! I think if this premier league dream is to become reality then the time for talking is over and we now need to see some real intent !!!

Be careful or you will be called a BEDWETTER

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
hello!! how are you!!!!! im fine thanks! great!!!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And the £14m loss we made in the last reported financial year?

Parachute Payments?

Leeds actually have the highest non-parachute payment income in the league. How are they getting on?

And also when your recent past includes nearly going out of business (i.e having no football club) don't you think it's pretty understandable that much of the support is quite keen to see that not happen again?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This time last year we'd only had our new manager (Head Coach) for a week.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
And the £14m loss we made in the last reported financial year?

Parachute Payments?

Leeds actually have the highest non-parachute payment income in the league. How are they getting on?

And also when your recent past includes nearly going out of business (i.e having no football club) don't you think it's pretty understandable that much of the support is quite keen to see that not happen again?

Lol, there is a big difference between wanting to strengthen the squad by August 9th and not caring if we go out of existence.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Lol, there is a big difference between wanting to strengthen the squad by August 9th and not caring if we go out of existence.

That's not the point I was making. To be clear

Highest crowds doesn't equal highest budget
We're losing money
Personally I think it's good that a large section of support remember the lessons of the past

I am not saying that we shouldn't strengthen but we have to be realistic - TB has already spent a hell of a lot of his own money, that tap has to and will stop at some point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you know what we were all doing in 'the good old days'?

We were moaning about the FACT that they weren't as good as 'the good old days'.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Well said !!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
image.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here