Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you be happy...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...to take a season of fairly poor football, finishing about 15th place, if you were GUARANTEED a top six place next season?

I'm not saying either will happen, but do think this is the season we probably take one step back in order to take two steps forward. Blood a few youngsters, with the spine of the team made up of once very good journeymen, in the hope that the youngsters kick on and the journeymen are replaced with genuine quality in 2015/6.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NO
we looked like a mid table last season and managed top 6
so...............................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn't take guaranteed 6th place because I hate the playoffs despite winning them in 2004. We mugged Swindon & Bristol City in the way that we were mugged last year.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I want the football to be more exciting than last year, even if it means dropping a few places.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
NO. I may take it if you offered exciting football, but another season of poor football, then I think anything other than promotion will be a disaster.

ANother season of boring tippy tappy football, and I think the attendances would plummet. Add in a poor finishing position, and we'll be lucky to get 20k at each game 2015-16

I don't think the league position will be the main issue for fans. I think it will be the entertainment value, which lets face it has been missing for a while

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No! think finishing 15th isn't in Tony Bloom's plans either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I want the football to be more exciting than last year, even if it means dropping a few places.
Can't see it going by how we set up. People moaned about knocking the ball about at the back under Gus but i reckon we are in for a rude awakening under Hyypia

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
It's a daft question - there are never any guarantees. The one step back to take two forward sometimes happens - last year we took one step back (err that's it)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Let's play 3-1-2-4 and go nuts. Even when we lose we'll still score a few goals in the process.

Take the Keegan '95 approach and turn it up to 11

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No.

I go for the entertainment, not the success.

I'm with Acker and I wasn't that entertained last season, our injuries and lack of signings made Oscar's task nigh on impossible. He did a brilliant job under the circumstances but it was seldom a thrilling ride.

Give Sami as little backing as Oscar had and I imagine we'll be propping up the division which is unlikely to be very entertaining either but a relegation scrap get the adrenalin flowing :smile:

Entertainment before success every time for me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Football is not like that, only takes a couple of bad results and mid table becomes bottom 6 and how are you able to guarantee anything about the season after

I think it's a theoretical question, Ern.

In response to the OP, No, I'd take decent football over a poor season, even if it meant top six. I'd prefer two top eight finishes, than watching pish for ten months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here