Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's just say we're not a top 6 side.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So what? Staying in the Championship is ok by me. Eventually we will get a decent side together to maybe make a push again, but until then, I'm quite happy with the league we're in.

We were spoilt for a couple of years & had a great team that played some of the best football I've seen from the Albion. It's ups & downs though, so I'm sort of resigning myself that this year may not be a vintage one. It may even be a fair while till we see anything similar, who knows?

Managing my expectations reduces my Albion stress levels! My prediction this season; gloomy outlook with the odd bright spell.

Jan 30, 2008
So what? Staying in the Championship is ok by me. Eventually we will get a decent side together to maybe make a push again, but until then, I'm quite happy with the league we're in.

We were spoilt for a couple of years & had a great team that played some of the best football I've seen from the Albion. It's ups & downs though, so I'm sort of resigning myself that this year may not be a vintage one. It may even be a fair while till we see anything similar, who knows?

Managing my expectations reduces my Albion stress levels! My prediction this season; gloomy outlook with the odd bright spell.
STORMY SEAS AHEAD , BATON DOWN THE HATCHES MORE LIKE , thing is smudge we've seen the good days, shame for the newbies i suppose :thumbsup:
regards
DR

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Sensible outlook. Although, at the beginning of last season I felt the same way, and we managed the play offs.

Who knows?? I just hope Sami isn't a total flop.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The other issue is if we are struggling to compete with 23,000 STH paying the most in the division how will it work when we are down to 17 / 18k in a couple of years.

It's are really difficult balancing act for Bloom et al. Rather them than me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just entertain me, that is all I ask. Win some, lose some, draw some, score some good goals, have a decent shots per game tally and try not to get relegated. That'll do for me.

There were times over the last two seasons where I nearly fell asleep we were so dull, so I'll take a 4-5 or a 5-4 rather than a 1-0 or a 0-1.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm sorry - but I go to watch the Albion with hope that we may do something in this league.
If we try and fail I don't mind - but we have to try at least.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Lets just say that at this stage of a season not yet begun we haven't got a clue whether, come May 2015, we'll be a to 6 side or not!!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
STORMY SEAS AHEAD , BATON DOWN THE HATCHES MORE LIKE , thing is smudge we've seen the good days, shame for the newbies i suppose :thumbsup:
regards
DR

If you're going to use nautical lingo Das, it's batten down the hatches...me hearty!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't see us retaining 20k season ticket holders if we finish well down the table without threatening the Top 6, no matter how nice the stadium if the team is no good then wave goodbye to the fickle thousands

Don't worry, we'll make the money bar on the Harveys! :cheers:

Don't worry, we'll make the money bar on the Harveys! :cheers:

I sense we're all going to need to be a lot drunker this season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every season I think we will get promoted so I will be right again 1 year hopefully this, lets wait to see who we sign before?doom and gloom and relegation threatens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here