Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kemy last night

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Last night was the final straw for me, he sits around on twitter moaning how he should be playing, one of our highest earners apparently and then yesterday at half time, whilst everyone was warming up, he just stood there having a 15 minute conversation with one of the Southampton players. Might be small to everyone else but I would rather we just get rid.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How did he play? I was not at the match but it seems the team performance 2nd half was much better than the 1st from posts & reports.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Last night was the final straw for me, he sits around on twitter moaning how he should be playing, one of our highest earners apparently and then yesterday at half time, whilst everyone was warming up, he just stood there having a 15 minute conversation with one of the Southampton players. Might be small to everyone else but I would rather we just get rid.

I also noticed this, the Southampton player was Jos Hooiveld.

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
he has been poor in every game I have seen him and was probably the worst player on the pitch vs lewes... including the lewes lot. really hope we get clayton!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
He could just be the only midfielder we have currently with the guile and ability to release our forward(s) with that match winning pass. If he is going to be played he should be played just behind the front man.

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
He played 2 or 3 decent passes, certainly looked to move the ball forward at available opportunities. Actually thought he done a lot more in the few minutes he played compared to others who were out there last night; but then as has been said, let's himself down by chatting throughout half time.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
How did he play? I was not at the match but it seems the team performance 2nd half was much better than the 1st from posts & reports.

Really? There a spell of about 10 mins in the first half when he had some possession near thier goal, I can't remember anything like that in that second. I've been very unimpressed with Kemy so far but last night he did play two good attacking balls which is two more than the rest of the midfield managed.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
As others have said, he played better last night than we've seen him play before and better, actually, than most of the rest of the team.
That aside, I see no real reason why he shouldn't have a friendly chat with another Dutch player, during half time in a pre-season friendly.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I thought he played alright at Peterborough, gave the ball away a few times but who didn't, also the only midfielder of the 3 to always look forward for a pass and I can respect that. He's also not moaned on Twitter once since Sami came in, do you even read his Twitter, or is this just a fad? Also heard he played just fine last night, which is more than you can say for some of the others, friendly or not.

I accept he is the new Barnes/Lopez and alot of NSCers won't like him because it's the IN thing to do, but EURGH it's tedious.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I've seen a few people saying he looked alright last night - didn't see it myself. One good pass and pretty much sod all else.

I thought he was decent. Some lovely passes and terrific drop of the shoulder and turn in the centre of the pitch to do a couple of players before laying the ball off to lua lua. Also worked hard coming back covering when bruno pushed on. He offered more in his brief appearance than crofts did in the game i thought. Everyone sees different things.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I accept he is the new Barnes/Lopez and alot of NSCers won't like him because it's the IN thing to do, but EURGH it's tedious.

No I'm not having that. Kemy's comittment is very much in doubt. I don't think that was questioned about the other 2.

I can handle a player not being very good. I can't handle a player not trying. In my opinion I'm yet to see Kemy try. The talent's there, the right attitude doesn't seem to be.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No I'm not having that. Kemy's comittment is very much in doubt. I don't think that was questioned about the other 2.

I can handle a player not being very good. I can't handle a player not trying. In my opinion I'm yet to see Kemy try. The talent's there, the right attitude doesn't seem to be.

That's your opinion and I respect that. I hold a different one. His attitude on the pitch in my opinion has grown alot this preseason, and his attitude on social media has been a massive improvement.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That's your opinion and I respect that. I hold a different one. His attitude on the pitch in my opinion has grown alot this preseason, and his attitude on social media has been a massive improvement.

Fingers crossed you are right. Undoubtedly he's a good player and could be an asset.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought he played alright at Peterborough, gave the ball away a few times but who didn't, also the only midfielder of the 3 to always look forward for a pass and I can respect that. He's also not moaned on Twitter once since Sami came in, do you even read his Twitter, or is this just a fad? Also heard he played just fine last night, which is more than you can say for some of the others, friendly or not.

No he didn't play alright at Peterboro he was poor, and he was abysmal at Crawley and fairly mediocre at Lewes.

However, the half time thing apart (which I agree with in terms of the OP), for me last evening he was comfortably our best player when he came on and looked the only one with the body strength to retain possession and pick a pass.

That said, he still needs to get his head out of his backside......... I just hope we see more of him playing like that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am hoping that Kemy can turn things around and become the 2014 Guy Butters as far as fan swing in opinion is concerned.. Edna can you stick him on Ebay for a fiver please :smile:

I think the guy is actually a very talented player, the management just need to work out whether he needs kick up the arse or a hug, or a combination of both. A decent coach should be able to get the best out of him imo. It's good that we are starting to see flashes surely?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am hoping that Kemy can turn things around and become the 2014 Guy Butters as far as fan swing in opinion is concerned.. Edna can you stick him on Ebay for a fiver please :smile:

I think the guy is actually a very talented player, the management just need to work out whether he needs kick up the arse or a hug, or a combination of both. A decent coach should be able to get the best out of him imo. It's good that we are starting to see flashes surely?

Yes it is. I have turned into a Kemy critic I must admit. For me at Birmingham (A) last season he was outstanding, just tired a bit prior to being substituted, but since then his attitude has been wrong, both visibly on the pitch (lose possession stand around watching and apparently unfit - incapable of playing 90 mins).

For me as mentioned above, he has been poor in pre-season, but last night I felt there was renewed hope. As we stand I would take him over JFC every time.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Who else do we possess who can play that defence splitting pass (aside from Stockdale and Dunk of course)?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here