Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All gone quiet

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Nothing not even ward has been bumped up,

does seem to me that there is a distinct lack of interest, the perceived lack of transfer dealings and the perceived lack of interest in the pre-season games(lets hope the noise level goes up when SW come calling)
as I said last night I am just hoping that the team are hiding their light under a bushel, and come out like a raging bull in 9 days time

otherwise its going to be a long old season

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Going to make a couple of "good" signings next week so I've been told. Maybe that will help.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
Same I've never seen so much lack of interest on all fronts,mayb last year should of been a bottom half of the table then all this getting by with what we have and lack of investment after selling would be seen as more of a priority

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
The media part is bad all Sami says is we need,never anyone saying there in the pipe line nearly done

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Rarely in 30 years supporting the Albion have I felt so flat and unexcited just a week before the start of the season.

I'm almost (but not quite) not interested anymore, and that makes me feel sad.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
I know it is best not to look at rumour sites:

31 Jul 2014 13:35:37
Hull are letting Nick Proschwitz go if they get a decent offer. So far there has been interest from a Championship club (rumoured to be Brighton)

hull4lyfe

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Same I've never seen so much lack of interest on all fronts,mayb last year should of been a bottom half of the table then all this getting by with what we have and lack of investment after selling would be seen as more of a priority

Sorry, are you saying that nothing is going on? We're keeping it very quiet at the moment, hopefully because we've got exciting targets lined up and we don't want other teams to find out. I actually think we've got a very decent transfer budget based on the fact that we supposedly spend £1 million on Stockdale. Considering the number of decent options available in goal, we could have gone for a free transfer but have spent quite a lot instead. I think this means there's a decent amount available but only for the right player, which I think is the right attitude.

I honestly find the over reaction to a friendly defeat on here amazing. There seemed to be real positivity on here on Monday when we signed Stockdale. Only four days later, people are talking about relegation because we've not signed anyone since and we lost to Southampton. I find the whole thing illogical.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sorry, are you saying that nothing is going on? We're keeping it very quiet at the moment, hopefully because we've got exciting targets lined up and we don't want other teams to find out. I actually think we've got a very decent transfer budget based on the fact that we supposedly spend £1 million on Stockdale. Considering the number of decent options available in goal, we could have gone for a free transfer but have spent quite a lot instead. I think this means there's a decent amount available but only for the right player, which I think is the right attitude.

I honestly find the over reaction to a friendly defeat on here amazing. There seemed to be real positivity on here on Monday when we signed Stockdale. Only four days later, people are talking about relegation because we've not signed anyone since and we lost to Southampton. I find the whole thing illogical.

I think its a bit more like the non-reaction that worries me.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
I'm not talking about being relegated,I think with what the team/club has done over the last two seasons a bit extra in the kitty and quality players would see us over the line,

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Corrected it for you:thumbsup:

Calm before the storm hopefully.

We still need 5 quality players if we are to stand a chance at top 6 this season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ditto

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here