Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS - The biggest waste of money?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Naylor just tweeted:

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 19m
Looking like relatively limited game time for CMS in final year of his contract. That is the focus of today's match report. #bhafc

£2.5m striker, and three managers haven't found him useful yet. I had hopes this could be his year but Sami's 'We need someone who can score goals' quote isn't filling me with hope.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
CMS just needs a big strong striker to play alongside him as he had at Peterborough and he should score goals. Let's hope the club resolves this problem SOON.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Signing a striker that needs a partner for a system that has him on his own was always an odd move.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
CMS is not the answer.

He will chip in with a few goals here and there but his first touch is generally poor.

In hindsight, we paid well over the odds for him. I think we will be lucky to get £1m if he goes on the market.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Should have taken the money when Norwich? offered, nice bloke and works bloody hard for the team but not a top end championship striker.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Naylor just tweeted:

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 19m
Looking like relatively limited game time for CMS in final year of his contract. That is the focus of today's match report. #bhafc

£2.5m striker, and three managers haven't found him useful yet. I had hopes this could be his year but Sami's 'We need someone who can score goals' quote isn't filling me with hope.

Naylor could just be guessing though. I'm sure CMS will get a fair amount of game time this season and may well get a new contract at some point this year.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
CMS just needs a big strong striker to play alongside him as he had at Peterborough and he should score goals. Let's hope the club resolves this problem SOON.

Lets give him a chance, he has done well in the past. He needs someone to play alongside him and others to give him 'good' crosses. I am sure he can have a good season, we just need the other players and tactics developed.

The worry is the club obviously do not have someone about to sign on the line today, how will we be ready for SW next week? (I am going)

The backroom staff need to make something happen very soon, enough talking about what we aim to-do, we all know we need a back, midfield and a 'strong' striker (probably the whole country knows) Just do it now!

Tony I don't know if you read this but I'm sure you can make it happen, you don't mess around.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's really not that good. He is capable of scoring the occasional top class goal, but his all round play is league one standard. He's profligate, he runs around to little effect, he's absolutely crap with his back to goal and he isn't strong enough. Leicester and West Ham both dodged a bullet there, sadly for us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CMS whole game is based on running onto a through ball past flat-footed defenders. Might work in League One but not enough flat-footed defenders in the Championship for him to be very effective.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd be very happy to sell CMS now and get what we can for him, rather than let him walk away for nothing at the end of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tellingly, Sami said the other day CMS needs to stop trying so hard. Who's gonna break it to Sami that this is CMS best attribute?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
To be honest CMS looked one of the sharpest last night. Yeah he didnt bag, but he had some very poor service to feed on, and the one or 2 balls he did get on the end of he had some lovely touches.

In comparision O-Grady looked completely naff.

We 100% still need another striker, dont get me wrong, but I reckon CMS will get 10-15 goals this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here