Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cloud WiFi at the Amex (WSL)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably the biggest surprise of the night, last night, was that there was The Cloud WiFi available in the WSL - both the concourse and the seats themselves.

I use The Cloud out and about anyway, so my phone connected to it automatically, although I had to login. My details were pre filled so that took about 10 seconds. After that I had WiFi for the evening and it was really speedy presumably as very few people were using it, so a bigger test will come for league games.

Was it available in the East too?

Seems a curious offering given the Digital Stadium app which is intended to counteract poor 3/4G data reception on overloaded cells. If people are using WiFi it won't be required...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In theory but although we appeared to connect (wi fi symbol showed) it didn't ask for a log in and was unusable for three of us.

When that happens just go to your browser on your phone and try to get to any page. You'll then be presented with the login page. It was all properly Albion branded. Login (or register if you need to) and you're good to go.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Did not use that as my 4G was working in the ground and on the station after, first time I have ever for got it to work around the stadium, bodes well for new season.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Bog standard phone calls in and out worked fine too.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Did not use that as my 4G was working in the ground and on the station after, first time I have ever for got it to work around the stadium, bodes well for new season.

Errr I would hazard a guess that this was because there was only 7k people there. When its back to to 25k im sure it will be a diffeent story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here