Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Sales

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I was surprised to see so many great seats available for the Sheff Weds game on the club website today. Seats that have not been available in the past, like lower East and West (centre). I heard we have lost close to 10% of season ticket holders but it seems like more, especially from the prime seating areas. I assume the question may come up at the forum next week but does anyone know the actual number?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
When I looked last week there seemed around 3.5k tickets available with some blocks in the south not available. W1A especially had loads of free seats whereas last season it always appeared largely full.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Had to contact the club ticket office today. Was told that today is the last day for season ticket holders to cancel their season tickets for next year. It's possible that more have been cancelled than has been reported. The 21k figure came up ages ago.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I was surprised to see so many great seats available for the Sheff Weds game on the club website today. Seats that have not been available in the past, like lower East and West (centre). I heard we have lost close to 10% of season ticket holders but it seems like more, especially from the prime seating areas. I assume the question may come up at the forum next week but does anyone know the actual number?
I know two people who have not renewed,.... they cite the travel issues as the reason, especially the night games, but general travel carnage trying to get trains back to Portslade and Lancing respectively.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
West Coastway Trains

I know two people who have not renewed,.... they cite the travel issues as the reason, especially the night games, but general travel carnage trying to get trains back to Portslade and Lancing respectively.

This is a fair reason. I missed the Southampton match because of this. The travel is ridiculous and it was is the railways fault for cancelling the connecting train for evening games. They may cancel another trains as well which happens whether football is on or not. The service on West Coastway is so bad that football fans are just suffering what everybody else has to put up with anyway. But 2 hours for 12 miles is OTT.

E1F is 131 seats down from last year. This appears to include regular season ticket holders (next to me) last year. Best seats gone.

I have been in most parts of the side of the ground. In one section the continual inane shouting from one spectator is bound to put people off. On the terraces you can move around, but stuck with a season ticket near him ...

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Attendances will continue to drop every season, we all know this. The best seats are considerably more expensive remember, so gaps are as likely to appear there as anywhere else.

Play attractive football and be up near the top of the table and the Amex will be rammed. Anything else and the attendances will fall badly this season with even more season ticket holders just not bothering to turn up.

This season is pivotal imo, anything less than half decent and attractive and I predict season ticket sales will PLUMMET next season. Nothing new, it's always been like that at the Albion even at the Goldstone. The new stadium factor has certainly run it's course now and we have more than enough seats for a club outside the Premier League and if we are not challenging in this division for fans to pitch up for the games they fancy only.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd be interested to know the figures.

Regretfully I had to give mine up, moved to East London and the journey mid week is too much of a pain. The club will probably make more money from me over the course of the season in individual tickets though.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Loads I know not renewed. Got to the point where the money is better spent in the pub on matchday for some people. Especially when the temperature drops.

Jan 30, 2008
Loads I know not renewed. Got to the point where the money is better spent in the pub on matchday for some people. Especially when the temperature drops.
that's a valid point, i reckon if you went to a few pubs around most grounds they would have a fair few punters who've given the ground a miss and watch the games on the tv or find it a more sociable experience just having a beer and a chat :cheers:
regards
DR

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Just for info, over 50 of us booked en masse when the stadium opened. Last years 'entertainment levels' put a lot of renewing and we are at around 20 this year. Lack of transfer activity hasnt helped.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
that's a valid point, i reckon if you went to a few pubs around most grounds they would have a fair few punters who've given the ground a miss and watch the games on the tv or find it a more sociable experience just having a beer and a chat :cheers:
regards
DR

Usually much more fun propping up the bar during the game watching Soccer Saturday. I actually have a ticket for once for Saturday. Only way to stop myself becoming a dribbling mess by 16.00...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Attendances will continue to drop every season, we all know this.

Do "we"? Interesting. Even if we a) kept our good players b) signed some other good ones c) made it as easy as possible for people to get to the ground as circumstances permit and d) decided not to start ripping people off when buying food and drink, either in 1901 or on the concourses?

Good will, once surrendered, is bloody hard to win back.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Just for info, over 50 of us booked en masse when the stadium opened. Last years 'entertainment levels' put a lot of renewing and we are at around 20 this year. Lack of transfer activity hasnt helped.

My inital group wave 5. Saturday I'll be on me own!! And to be fair if the football is as shit as it was last season, I don't think I'll be out there much.

Not missed a game since the Amex opened. But cannot sit through more negative boring football for another season.

I just hope we place scoring goals higher on the list of priorities than not conceding them!

I could easily take being mid table and watching enjoyable football, more than I could pushing for the play offs and being bored to death every week.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
No, no, no, somerset, that simply can't be true. No one will ever be put off from attending by the poor transport links will they? Because as you know, regardless of personal circumstances everyone can 'easily' use public transport (which always runs without any problems), or cycle, or failing that they can 'easily' use the queue-less and conveniently-situated P&R car parks. There is no 'carnage' and absolutely no need to look again at getting the parking restrictions in Coldean lifted so that people can drive to the vicinity of the stadium. As we all know driving, parking and getting on a fuel swilling bus is GOOD, but driving, parking and walking is VERY VERY BAD.

Play attractive football and be up near the top of the table and the Amex will be rammed. Anything else and the attendances will fall badly this season with even more season ticket holders just not bothering to turn up.

This season is pivotal imo, anything less than half decent and attractive and I predict season ticket sales will PLUMMET next season. Nothing new, it's always been like that at the Albion even at the Goldstone. The new stadium factor has certainly run it's course now and we have more than enough seats for a club outside the Premier League and if we are not challenging in this division for fans to pitch up for the games they fancy only.

Yes couldn't agree more

Sadly I didn't renew this year. Missed 6 home games last season due to work & family...Paying close to £100 per month (approx) for 1 adult and 1 U10 ticket, travel, food and drink...just couldn't continue to justify it. Will hopefully end up going to a similar amount of games, but no ST.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sadly I didn't renew this year. Missed 6 home games last season due to work & family...Paying close to £100 per month (approx) for 1 adult and 1 U10 ticket, travel, food and drink...just couldn't continue to justify it. Will hopefully end up going to a similar amount of games, but no ST.

I assume that your presence will still be included in attendances.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here