Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-31jul14-ld229-1796712_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
00:02 1st August 2014
by James Hilsum
Maybe we were lacking a bit of match sharpness, which we need to get back very quickly. "
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia says Southampton showed their quality in the final third, as the Saints ran out 3-1 winners at the Amex tonight.Strikes from Dusan Tadic, Steven Davis and James Ward-Prowse earned the Premier League side victory, before Kazenga LuaLua netted a consolation goal 15 minutes from time.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Southampton showed they have individual quality in one-on-one situations. Maybe we were lacking a bit of match sharpness, which we need to get back very quickly.
“You saw how difficult it is to defend against teams that switch the play very quickly, but it is ten days before it really matters."

The Finn is now relishing the challenge ahead this season and hopes to bring in a few new faces before the transfer window shuts. “When I took my first coaching job in the Bundesliga it was a big challenge for me, I like challenges and I am not worried about anything.“We are working hard to get a few more quality signings in the side to really have a go this season.
“I would like these kind of players to be here tomorrow, but maybe it will take a little bit longer. “I have said before that my main job is to get everything out of the squad I have and that is what I intend to do.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here