Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help techies: broken HTC One Mini screen, need to remove files but phone locked

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Hi people.
NSC has helped me where the net has failed otherwise before and I'm struggling here.
Have an HTC One Mini which has a screen that is utterly destroyed having been run over by a car. BUT the phone still works.
Problem is, I can't unlock it to access root file system and remove personal files via Windows Explorer - and all files are on phone's storage. Don't think HTC One Mini even has an expansion slot.

Need to send phone to insurance company too, so can't start ripping it to pieces!

Any ideas how I can do this?

HELP PLEASE

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
its beyond that. totally broken behind the glass too. insurance is £30 but quoted £125 for screen and unit replacement, and then i'd still have a phone that looked like it'd been driven over!!!!

I know the phone works thought as alarm still goes off and it beeps when I get messages on apps!

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Take a look on XDA, there'll be threads that'll help. I'd imagine you might be able to get stuff off it by getting it to boot into recovery and using some clever commands in a terminal window. The answer will be somewhere on XDA.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Take a look on XDA, there'll be threads that'll help. I'd imagine you might be able to get stuff off it by getting it to boot into recovery and using some clever commands in a terminal window. The answer will be somewhere on XDA.

cheers will check it out

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Connect to a pc or laptop. It'll take a minute to install drivers & then recognize the HTC pretty much as an extra hard drive. Your files'll be in there. you can pm me if you have any problems
Edit - just seen you can't unlock it, might be a little harder!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Doesn't android back up to google drive ? Have you looked on there ?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I had a similar issue with a Sony Xperia. I managed ringer round it by purchasing an OTG cable (£3 on amazon) and plugging a mouse in and using that to open the phone before unloading the files.

It does depend if any of the screen is working and also if the phone is set up to work with OTG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here