Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Find the original quite bland, but enjoy the hot one on a jacket spud

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had a can of this last night funnily enough (Dynamite hot version - it isn't really, always have to add some chilli flakes). Usually lob in a load of chopped tomotoes as well, few mins in the microwave and tip on top of a pile of nacho chips and a bit of cheese on top. My lad likes it too. Top meal in a can :p

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
i have always stayed well clear of tinned meat food. Is it actually any good? ie quality and ingredients etc?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Poured on chips with melted cheese .........chilli cheese fries , American Classic !!!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Yeah, I really like the Dynamite Hot one but as ozseagull mentions - do wonder about the quality of it! I try not to think too much about it...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
i have always stayed well clear of tinned meat food. Is it actually any good? ie quality and ingredients etc?

I think it's pretty obvious the contents would be the cheapest and worst quality that they can get away with. You just will not get quality neat in a tin, but you can mask it with lots of chilli powder. Not for me

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
A regular in the staple diet of the single man. Baked spud, tin of chilli, job done.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
...is the greatest chilli con carne in the world ever.

Unless you know better.

That is all.

If your digestive system is working normally you should be having a very hot time on the toilet in 12 hours time..

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I love chilli and I am sorely tempted by the cans, but there is a nagging feeling that the meat might not be up to scratch.

I love Stagg Chili, and the meat is always pretty decent. But then again I have low standards....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I love chilli and I am sorely tempted by the cans, but there is a nagging feeling that the meat might not be up to scratch.

The Stagg Silverado Beef Chilli is usually hot enough that you can't taste the "Beef " anyway.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
isnt chilli con carne pretty easy to make from mostly fresh ingredients to start with?

sounds like the Frey Bentos of the tinned con carne world

Yep, piece of pisss. Three essential ingredients for me are dried chapotle chillies, smoked paprika and cumin, that on top of the usuals: beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic.
Cubed brisket beef is good, stewed slowly on the hob, it falls apart after a few hours.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
isnt chilli con carne pretty easy to make from mostly fresh ingredients to start with ?

Yup, chilli isn't hard to make from scratch. Takes a bit of time to cook "low and slow", but it's not hard. I personally wouldn't buy it, make it every time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, piece of pisss. Three essential ingredients for me are dried chapotle chillies, smoked paprika and cumin, that on top of the usuals: beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic.
Cubed brisket beef is good, stewed slowly on the hob, it falls apart after a few hours.

Agreed, but I stick in the oven in a covered dish for 3-4 hours on a low heat, and lob in diced red and green peppers with an hour to go. Mushrooms good too, plus some root ginger.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Silverado

Silverado is the one to get. Late night emergency grub stakes in the microwave. Use the whole tin cause the beans are the bottom.

Best on Tostada (a flat Taco) if you can get them and then add salad, or relish, cheese or whatever is in the fridge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here