Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] South West Seagulls.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Hi there.

There are a few of us down in Devon who over the last 12/18 months have been travelling to home and away Albion games on a regular basis. Amongst us are STH's, casual fans, and some ex STH's. Fuel prices rising and the distance we have to cover for a 90 minute game means that the more of us there are the easier this is. When I moved away from Brighton I feared i'd loose touch with the Albion, but by meeting others in the same situation I haven't, plus i've made some good friends!

We mainly travel from Devon but if you or anyone you know lives anywhere close to, or on route to the Amex or any away fixture please get in touch and we can try and sort something out.

I've just set up some social media groups, so [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] if you can give us a retweet or something that would be superb!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SWSeagulls

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/267815710075684/

Thanks!

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
I live on the edge of Plymouth and work in Exeter, I do not get up very often, but would go with & stay with family, is good to know your there though.

I go back to the days of the cup final,

I am going up to the first game against Sheffield Wednesday again staying up there. Best wishes. :albion2:

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I sometimes go up for the day, but also sometimes for the weekend.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Will you be at the Sheffield Wednesday game?

I am excited, we need a couple more players to sign though & it's getting a little late in the day to say the least!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Very good, :lolol:

You understand what 'you' are saying when you read it back, but don't always see the 'possible' interpretation!

I'm sure you realise 'get up to the games very often' (being in Devon)

Ha Ha - Well done! :lolol:

Well, it was either that or something about bed sores.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I live on the edge of Plymouth and work in Exeter, I do not get up very often, but would go with & stay with family, is good to know your there though.

I go back to the days of the cup final,

I am going up to the first game against Sheffield Wednesday again staying up there. Best wishes. :albion2:

Ditto this for me except I go back quite a bit further than the cup final.
Quite a few Brighton fans in Plymouth some I know some I don't.
Unfortunately dont get to go very often and not many away games down here anymore.
I am able to get a lift or drive myself but will be in touch sometime through the season.
Parents and brother live in Sussex and have friends in Tunbridge Wells so sometimes stay the weekend.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I live close to ( nearly side hard by, but seeing reactions to earlier posts felt I'd better not) the metropolis that is Taunton, and have been going to see the Albion since the late 1950's. I usually stay the weekend, as I will be for the Sheff W game, though I have done the return trip by train a couple of times, and my nightmare is missing the last connection and spending a night at some bleak railway station waiting for the next train west.

There's loads of us in the west waiting for a Cardiff City away game on a Saturday at three. Dreamers, really.

wayneb

Oct 24, 2009
That metropolis near Taunton, would that be Cotford St Luke by any chance as i noticed an estate car with
seagull stickers on it yesterday in the village.
I moved here from Hove four years ago to help my son with the grandchildren and only get down for a few games a season
but if i could car share it would be a lot easier.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
You need to form a club and you can advertise to other fans who might not be arsed to go on NSC the club would support groups you may find enough to run a small coach to selected home games. Form a committee and get organised I am sure I have seen a flag saying south west seagulls you will find many more with connection to the Albion and Sussex.
The club might help with prizes for fund raising.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
That metropolis near Taunton, would that be Cotford St Luke by any chance as i noticed an estate car with
seagull stickers on it yesterday in the village.
I moved here from Hove four years ago to help my son with the grandchildren and only get down for a few games a season
but if i could car share it would be a lot easier.

This metropolis is Norton Fitz (where the hairdryer men lurk for those doing 35 in the 30 mph zone). Sadly, my driving days are over, so it's that 07.11 from Taunton via Westbury and Southampton for me. Gets me an hour or so in the Lord Nelson before the game, too.
I did see a bloke in M&S in Taunton with a Seagull top on.

We're everywhere, eh?

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
3 going to Birmingham from Plymouth & Exeter, any more takers?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
As a footnote I meant to say that if there are two of you from down here and you invest in a "Two Together" Railcard it will save you some serious money on the train.
It only costs us £19.00 for a return to Brighton now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here