• My phone is not nearby [another room] so I would not be woken by a text

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Other [please explain]

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If someone sent you a text whilst you were asleep would it wake you up?
I'm assuming normal sleeping arrangements - at home in bed [not shifts etc].

Reason for posting - I sent someone a text just before midnight and they replied is a rather snotty tone:
"Thanks for waking me up at midnight - I'll reply to your unimportant message in the morning".

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The only time I am unreachable is when I sleep. It always goes on complete silent and I sleep like a baby. If you don't want to be woke up, don't have it on anything else. I'd tell your someone to **** off :lolol:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's on vibrate. Once I'm asleep little wakes me up. Anyone attempting to contact me after about 11.30pm will have to wait until morning :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My phone is always besides my bed but I don't have notifications turned on for anything at any time of day. That means if a text arrives, I read it when I happen to notice it, not because my phone does any of lighting up, making a sound or vibrating. I'm not sure why anyone needs their phone to do that for a text.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How odd. Always have mine on silent. Having said that my wife usually has hers on all night "in case there's a family crisis" or something.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My blower is on silent all the time, I'm guessing this person has a loud alert (probably a "comedy" one) that goes off every text the get which everyone in the room can hear.
I'm glad you woke the c*nt up.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have never taken mine into the bedroom, always leave it downstairs when i go to bed, why would you want it in the bedroom?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've never been woken by a text coming in, I have by calls but they've only ever been for a good reason (as you'd expect at silly o'clock in the morning).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What a lovely person. Wouldn't bother texting them again.
Phone's always near me and always on normal volume and very rarely does it wake me up #deadtotheworld

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I use the "do not disturb" function and it's set between 22.30 and 08.00 so I don't get woken up by emails/texts throughout the night, I need my phone nearby as I use it as my alarm clock.

The do not disturb function is good as it will only ring if someone calls again within a minute so if there is a family emergency I will be reachable. Everyone knows to ring twice if something serious is happening.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If someone sent you a text whilst you were asleep would it wake you up?
I'm assuming normal sleeping arrangements - at home in bed [not shifts etc].

Reason for posting - I sent someone a text just before midnight and they replied is a rather snotty tone:
"Thanks for waking me up at midnight - I'll reply to your unimportant message in the morning".

Disgraceful time to send a text, if it was urgent it was urgent earlier at 9, but as the receiver said it was unimportant so the next morning is fine so why send then and chance waking people up? Thoughtless and rude

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Er.. If you leave your phone on you get what you deserve. My phone rang in the cinema yesterday. My fault for leaving it on. If you do leave it on, there's always a chance a random spam text or email is going to wake you up even if your friends and relatives don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here