Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your worst day at work?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I had a pretty bad day today but I am sure others have had had worse. What was your worst day at work? Surely some gold to be mined in here?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Coaching an after school club, 5 mins in one girl comes up and tells me she poo'd herself. Luckily a TA was still at the school, so she sorted the girl out. Unfortunately, it was raining and the school only had the one sports hall, so the smell lingered, even with open windows :sick::sick:

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Days at work tend to vary quite frequently. The low point would be a down syndrome pupil spitting in my mouth.

Only spitting?

Not snotting the way only DS kids (Love em to bits) seem to be able to?

I have taken the full green snot,and then helped the perp find a hanky!!!!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The afternoon and evening of 11 Sept 2001, followed equally by the afternoons of 27 Sept, 4 Oct and 16 Oct.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Whilst an apprentice Stonemason ,i had to work laying headstones in Graveyards.On one occasion being young and knowing it all ,i decided carrying a headstone would be easier than using a sacktruck.I ended up dropping the headstone smashing it and holding up a Funeral as we cleared up ,not the best day ever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Any day where I have to deliver a death message is a pretty shitty day. Though I'm always conscious that I can go home & things will be normal, whereas my "customers" might not ever do that again.

So my idea of a "bad day" is all relative really. But that task never gets easier.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Filling the cement mixer with fairy liquid thinking it was diesel, after a bit of spluttering and a few bubbles the whole thing shook to a nervous standstill

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd just got into work at 8.30 when a phone call came through from Worthing hospital to tell me that my Dad had taken a turn for the worse.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Probably the day I found out that one of my rota team partners had died suddenly when we thought he was making a full recovery.

Sadly, in 30 years at BT there's been a few taken far too early and it always seems to be the decent ones.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any day where I have to deliver a death message is a pretty shitty day. Though I'm always conscious that I can go home & things will be normal, whereas my "customers" might not ever do that again.

So my idea of a "bad day" is all relative really. But that task never gets easier.

I literally take my hat off to you. This is the worst possible thing to be telling anyone and I do t know how officers do this :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
When I was an A&E charge nurse I had a child killed by a mum with post natal depression, the dad turned up and tried to kill her and then we had a sudden infant death brought in about two minutes later.
Anything that has happened at work since then has been firmly placed in perspective.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
I literally take my hat off to you. This is the worst possible thing to be telling anyone and I do t know how officers do this :(
With a very, very brave face I should imagine. But I think they would find a corner out of the way somewhere afterwards. 😢

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I had many railway days ( and nights ) that pushed me to the limit work wise but the worst one's were the days when somebody died on my patch ( suicides mainly ) As much as you can get used to dealing with the suicide situations the hardest part was talking to the train driver seconds after it had happened or talking to another member of staff that had just witnessed it.

I was working on the shop floor about 13 years ago now setting one of the machines. I just had a feeling somebody was behind me and when I turned round my wife was standing there, in tears.

"Your dad's died"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here