Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to sell tickets back to the club

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I remember something from the club last season that stated ST holders could put tickets for any home games up for sale through the club if you can’t attend, but I have never needed to do it until now.

Anyone done this / can advise?

Oh and where are the new signings, burke / barber out blah blah blah....

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
This could be made a lot better if they allowed people to purchase ST seats not in use before a sell out.

If for example someone with a blinding view in east upper couldn't make it and sold their seats back to the club, then why not make them available instantly for someone else to snap up? Then people who only go now and again can experience good views instead of being forced into corners (no disrespect to the SWC crew).

The ST holder selling their seat gets a percentage back, the new punter gets a seat they wouldn't normally be able to get, and the club have a couple more bums on seats. Just a thought.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This could be made a lot better if they allowed people to purchase ST seats not in use before a sell out.

If for example someone with a blinding view in east upper couldn't make it and sold their seats back to the club, then why not make them available instantly for someone else to snap up? Then people who only go now and again can experience good views instead of being forced into corners (no disrespect to the SWC crew).

The ST holder selling their seat gets a percentage back, the new punter gets a seat they wouldn't normally be able to get, and the club have a couple more bums on seats. Just a thought.

The club have already sold that seat, so they would lose out on ticket sales of the extra ticket. obviously they will take some form of percentage from the ST Holders ticket, but not as much as it would for a match day ticket.

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
The club have already sold that seat, so they would lose out on ticket sales of the extra ticket. obviously they will take some form of percentage from the ST Holders ticket, but not as much as it would for a match day ticket.

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Makes perfect sense. But, ya know.. Surely it's just encouraging people to sell their tickets privately.. Thus getting no percentage at all of an extra seat. Does that make sense or did I just erm, talk shit for a whole sentence

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Also it's the same sort of thing as when they don't release the available blocks all at once.. People may log on to the ticket site, look at the seating plan and say to themselves "sod sitting in that crap seat" and not go at all. Where as if they saw a few decent ST seats dotted around, there may be more chance of them going.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Makes perfect sense. But, ya know.. Surely it's just encouraging people to sell their tickets privately.. Thus getting no percentage at all of an extra seat. Does that make sense or did I just erm, talk shit for a whole sentence

I wasnt trying to mug you off you. I wasn't sure if it did actually make sense.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I've only ever know it sell out completely a few times, and neither time was when i couldn't go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here