Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free WiFi at The Amex

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That'll definitely cope with thousands of people accessing it at once.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
It is not wi-fi. But carry on.

Isn't it ? Try reading the article.....

"Here at the Amex, we are also in the process of installing wi-fi, and the app's peer-to-peer technology will compliment the free wifi service which will soon be available to all fans inside the Amex"

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was told about this a few weeks ago. Good to know the club are responding to complaints - the press box wifi was so poor that I sometimes had to file my intro from the press room while watching the final seconds on the TV.

All Premier League clubs have to make ethernet cables available in press seats nowadays (although Southampton's don't work very well), so I'm hoping PB has got us even more PL ready ...

Joe Punter

Persistent fouler
Jan 31, 2012
Phoenix Brewery
I'm not sure it's going to be FREE though (FFP anyone?)...

"Here at the Amex, we are also in the process of installing wi-fi, and the app's peer-to-peer technology will compliment the free wifi service which will soon be available to all fans inside the stadium.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/download-the-new-albion-app-1793000.aspx#3z7Ht4SHLO7uuXHV.99"

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It worked well for me last season and the updated app seems even better.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Keeps getting better. The new app is a vast improvement.

Though I barely use my phone during the match...

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I was told about this a few weeks ago. Good to know the club are responding to complaints - the press box wifi was so poor that I sometimes had to file my intro from the press room while watching the final seconds on the TV.

All Premier League clubs have to make ethernet cables available in press seats nowadays (although Southampton's don't work very well), so I'm hoping PB has got us even more PL ready ...

Ethernet cables are available. If you ask Chris or one of the media team.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

"Here at the Amex, we are also in the process of installing wi-fi, and the app's peer-to-peer technology will compliment the free wifi service which will soon be available to all fans inside the Amex"

No, it isn't. The app isn't Wi-Fi. The app is an app. It even says it in the sentence you quoted. 'The app' 'will compliment the free WiFi service'.

Different things.

Complement!!!!!!!

Can I do my grammar/use of incorrect word police pedant dance now????

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The problem is, football clubs are tight. I used to sell into leisure & retail, and if you didn't want to take out some form of sponsorship, or give them stuff for free they aren't interested.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
I saw yesterday that WiFi is available in Dicks Bar. As I rarely go in there I don't know if that is a new thing or not?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I saw yesterday that WiFi is available in Dicks Bar. As I rarely go in there I don't know if that is a new thing or not?

Get in early you get good access to the WiFi, try and connect after 2pm and no chance !!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No, it isn't. The app isn't Wi-Fi. The app is an app.

and what pray is an app that controls and relays wireless communications between other nearby apps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here