Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you hate "lol" ?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I do. It really gets on my tits. It was fine when I was a 16 year old having a chat on ICQ and GENIUNELY did laugh at something, now it's just soo overused. Even my elderly mother uses it now, sending me texts like "just put the washing out lol". It's used by retards who think it makes their comment funny, it doesn't. Above all, it's just a lie -if you're honestly sat at your computer constantly laughing out loud to yourself, you're unhinged.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I heard somebody using the word in an actual conversation at the weekend...somebody cracked a joke, and the response from one idiot was 'lols'

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I used to have a boss in his mid 40's that used smilies and lol in instant messages to me. It actually offended me, it was like he was talking to a kid.

Aside from that he was brilliant but my god it used to wind me up.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I do. It really gets on my tits. It was fine when I was a 16 year old having a chat on ICQ and GENIUNELY did laugh at something, now it's just soo overused. Even my elderly mother uses it now, sending me texts like "just put the washing out lol". It's used by retards who think it makes their comment funny, it doesn't. Above all, it's just a lie -if you're honestly sat at your computer constantly laughing out loud to yourself, you're unhinged.

Same. Back in the day of IRC rooms i didn't mind it too much, but now it really irks me when people use it. Especially on those occasions when what they're typing isn't remotely funny.

Example, someone on my FB list regularly puts things like "Out with my mates and getting drunk lol". Why does being out with friends require the exclamation that you are laughing (or not) out loud? Stop doing it, you look like a ****.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Language evolves very rapidly. I wouldnt get too stressed about it. Lot more to worry about in this world than LOL.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Same. Back in the day of IRC rooms i didn't mind it too much, but now it really irks me when people use it. Especially on those occasions when what they're typing isn't remotely funny.

Example, someone on my FB list regularly puts things like "Out with my mates and getting drunk lol". Why does being out with friends require the exclamation that you are laughing (or not) out loud? Stop doing it, you look like a ****.

Facebook is the worst for it. So cringey when middle aged people use it or a conversation contains a list of comments all ending with lol.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Language evolves very rapidly. I wouldnt get too stressed about it. Lot more to worry about in this world than LOL.

You are right. I'm more bothered about telling my mates that they sound a bit of a chump when they keep putting lols in their texts to me without sounding rude. Then again I end all mine with kisses.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I always think lol looks like a drowning stick man.

lol <----- Save me i'm drown lolz

drowning-lol-400x437.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here