Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The times they are changing.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The number of kids wearing Brighton shirts has increased by about a 1000% since we moved to the Amex

Figure may not be completely accurate

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It was the complete opposite when I was at school. Hundreds of little scrotes all with "CANTONA 7" on the back of their poxy red scum shirts. "Why do you support Brighton? They're shit?" **** off!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Speaking to friends recently,we asked if their man utd supporting son was still into them,no was the reply he gets teased too much at school for not supporting Brighton???
Not good for the individual but a massive shift in views.

In the end it will prove to have been very good for the individual.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
After a few years at Withdean it was great to see kids playing football in Albion shirts, although heavily out numbered by whatever was the Premier League flavour of the month at the time.

What a transformation since the move to The Amex. It used to be that no kids wore an Albion shirt in Brighton City Centre on a Saturday - now I'm even seeing kids in Albion shirts in places like Guildford which never happened until The Amex.

Great to see.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The best thing is down at Preston Park football training on a Saturday morning. You're a LOSER if you don't have a BHA shirt on.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The best thing is down at Preston Park football training on a Saturday morning. You're a LOSER if you don't have a BHA shirt on.
That's where I first noticed the revival of The Albion while we were still at Withdean. We need to maximise this momentum that has built up.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Great stuff. Id imagine now with Nike making our kits, this will turn even a few more kids heads.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
most kids in the 70's watched the Albion with the old man,but everyone had a "Match Of The Day" team only because the thought of Brighton making it to the First Division was just a pipe dream

most lads followed Man Utd,which was strange looking back because they we're shit

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Ohh thats all we need, another bunch of JCL's.

Where were they during the Withdean and Gillingham years...... send them back to there premier league clubs! :smokin:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Interesting and good news, when I was a kid in Worthing (a long time ago), most of us football lovers supported the Albion, with Leeds, ManU, etc as your second team. During the Archer and Bellotti days, you hardly saw a Brighton shirt on the kids, now, you see loads. Was going past Broadwater Green the other day and there was a kids team training and I would say 80% had the blue and white stripes, with the occasional Chelsea, Man u......good times. This is another reason why I find it strange that people still moan about how the club is being run , we have come a long way from where we were with a new generation of fans, and loads of the old ones coming back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The number of kids wearing Brighton shirts has increased by about a 1000% since we moved to the Amex

Figure may not be completely accurate

I think you can quite easily double that estimate and not be far wrong.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
started teaching in 95.... tried very hard to indoctrinate every child that I taught..... apart from the staunch albion families, no one was interested....yet I still plugged on.
found it amusing that roll forward to the glory years and children who were chelski and man u two yrs prior were now albion when I taught them again ... of course the term JCL was used ...they need to learn, despite being primary age! it is really uplifting to see the support change and prosper....long may it continue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Speaking to friends recently,we asked if their man utd supporting son was still into them,no was the reply he gets teased too much at school for not supporting Brighton???
Not good for the individual but a massive shift in views.
A friend's nephew who lives in Brighton, has a Palace STH dad, so he wears a Palace top and gets a bit bullied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here