Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Approx 5,000 tickets sold v Southampton

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Heard it from a very good source that approx 5,000 tickets have been sold for tomorrow's friendly.

Is this considered good/average/poor?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Will be about 7000 on Matchday, I'd say that's par for a preseason friendly on a Thursday night.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It really is about time we abandoned these friendlies against tinpot clubs.

what we need,according to our stature is a good away trip against Ajax or Bangkok Utd,

something we can get our teeth into........so to speak.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Will be about 7000 on Matchday, I'd say that's par for a preseason friendly on a Thursday night.

If its 7-8K then that is in line with last year against Norwich and in 2012 v reading. Evening game , pre season friendly, not Spurs, Chelsea etc. , small away tickets sold. It's slightly more pricy than Norwich too where you could get 10 quid tickets.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Judging by the footage of domestic friendlies on sky sports news in the last couple of weeks 5-7,000 is not a bad total. Seeing as I am missing the opener against the mighty Sheff Wed I am actually looking forward to tomorrow night.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not surprising - not massively inspiring.

Certainly not worth taking a days holiday for.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's a bit dissapointing. Prices have been set very competitively and I fear that if there is not a good takle-up then the club will think twice about generous offers such as this in future which is a real shame.

Mate said Saints travel in real numbers and a bumper away turnout could really boost that gate annd get it up towards five figures.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
i plan to grab my tickets on the day, does anyone know what time the concourse will be opening to have a couple of drinks before the match?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by the footage of domestic friendlies on sky sports news in the last couple of weeks 5-7,000 is not a bad total. Seeing as I am missing the opener against the mighty Sheff Wed I am actually looking forward to tomorrow night.
What has the world come too?

How cool would it be to not have the league tables published until 4 games into the season.

Ah those were the days!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's a bit dissapointing. Prices have been set very competitively and I fear that if there is not a good takle-up then the club will think twice about generous offers such as this in future which is a real shame.

Mate said Saints travel in real numbers and a bumper away turnout could really boost that gate annd get it up towards five figures.
I don't think the price is competitive unless one wishes to bring kids along. As I would have gone alone for a change, the price is in my opinion, high when I take into account travel etc as well.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I think the magic figure for pre season kick a bouts should be circa £10 for the whole stadium (1901 excluded of course). Unless the opposing club is a huge draw. Southampton are not.

As for you thinking the club are being generous? Really? :D

Stumpy Tim

People joke about it being 5-a-side, but watching a Saints reserve team against a Brighton team who are clearly missing 3 or 4 signings is what's putting me off. I would probably go if either team had a completed squad available

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It really is about time we abandoned these friendlies against tinpot clubs.

what we need,according to our stature is a good away trip against Ajax or Bangkok Utd,

something we can get our teeth into........so to speak.

In all seriousness, an away trip to holland would be quality.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
They could make it £5 and I would still have no interest in watching Southampton reserves versus Brighton who are at least two or three signings away from the side that will play in the opening day

Especially on a bloody Thursday night

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here