Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains back from London today

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it all stuffed up?

Can a train guru let us/me know please...

National Rail enquiries site says:

A person has been hit by a train at Earlswood (Surrey) which is causing delays of up to 45 minutes between Gatwick Airport and Redhill. These delays are expected to continue until 18:30

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
National Rail enquiries site says:

A person has been hit by a train at Earlswood (Surrey) which is causing delays of up to 45 minutes between Gatwick Airport and Redhill. These delays are expected to continue until 18:30

I know what they say - I want to know what the real experts say!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is it all stuffed up?

Can a train guru let us/me know please...

Your location is Bristol, why would you need to know this?
;-)

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Two lines are still open, but the right rolling stock isn't in the right place to make connections, and the same with the required train crew stranded around the network in the wrong places.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I asked my girlfriend because she thought she knew but when I pressed her, she just started crying. FFS.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Looks like three of the four lines are running, but there will be problems. Patience will be required this evening, given the nature of the incident I'm prepared to show some.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
This has brightened up my day no end.

Guess they will ignore they ticket restrictions now meaning even more tourists on the trains who don't know the commuting code of conduct.

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
On a train from Vic to Bton, seems to be moving freely now, although I'm only at Clapham.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Trying to get from London Bridge to Eastbourne has been a nightmare & currently on the 452 from brighton to Eastbourne after getting on a rammed train from Croydon. All in all it's taken just under two hours so far.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This has brightened up my day no end.

Guess they will ignore they ticket restrictions now meaning even more tourists on the trains who don't know the commuting code of conduct.

The fact that the tourists get on a commuter train in the first place is already a serious breach of the code.

Looks like a few screw-ups from London Bridge, the 17.42 Littlehampton train is cancelled but it's saying the 17.56 to Brighton will be on time. I've seen that before, I'll get to the station and "on time" will suddenly change to "delayed" with no further information being given.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The latest control message says basically the "shit has hit the fan" mode of operating has been stood down to "be prepared to deal with pissed off people". All lines are open. Expect trains to be 20 minutes late leaving their destination and cancellations as we run out of train crew or trains in the places to start services.

Luckily Earlswood is just before the split to Redhill so we can hopefully see service recovery working quicker than if it were somewhere else on the route. Congestion will be a problem during the evening peak which is starting now and trains will be busier. As the evening goes on expect delays and cancellations to be somewhat sporadic as crews are off diagram.

It'll be fairly bad but you'll move albeit late.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here