Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Affordable football march....

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Yeah the price of tickets are crazy, but they sell. What possible incentive is there for clubs to make less money than they currently are? We are customers, the football clubs are businesses, that's just the way football is now. If the demand is there to sell out a ground at £60 a ticket, you'd have to be a completely shit/generous businessman to make it any lower.

A march, that'll show them. The Premier League will not give one solitary ****, and I doubt the FL will either. The only way to make them so much as sit up and pay attention would be for fans to simply stop turning up, but that would never happen.

Bit of a waste of everybody's time, really.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's more like affordable top-tier football.

If enough people withhold their custom, and spend their money lower down the pyramid, things might -- might -- change.
But with so much of the revenue at the very top coming from sources besides the turnstiles and pies, even that might not do the trick.

We're moving towards a world where the fans in the stands are just dressing a set in a TV sound stage.

(For comparison, the grandstand seats at Fenway Park, home of the Red Sox, run between £34.25-£18.90 -- there are about 8 different categories of seating. They'll play 81 home games, to the EPL's 38 )

Me, I take my money and go to the AA Portland Sea Dogs... top ticket is £6.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It's more like affordable top-tier football.

If enough people withhold their custom, and spend their money lower down the pyramid, things might -- might -- change.
But with so much of the revenue at the very top coming from sources besides the turnstiles and pies, even that might not do the trick.

We're moving towards a world where the fans in the stands are just dressing a set in a TV sound stage.

(For comparison, the grandstand seats at Fenway Park, home of the Red Sox, run between £34.25-£18.90 -- there are about 8 different categories of seating. They'll play 81 home games, to the EPL's 38 )

Me, I take my money and go to the AA Portland Sea Dogs... top ticket is £6.

This is the crux of it.

The percentage of revenue that clubs generate through ticket sales is going to become less and less over the coming years. Increased TV deals in emerging markets (the States and Oceania, in particular), in addition to ever-increasing international and domestic sponsorship deals are going to become the primary commercial drivers.

Ultimately, the attendance figures speak for themselves. I believe Premier League stadium capacity for matches runs at something like 97-98%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here