Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I love my manbag

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Somewhst at odds with the frequent macho posturings on here, but I am loving my manbag.

After my major surgery for bowel cancer a few weeks ago, I was temporarily left with a stoma - this has been discussed elsewhere, if you don't know what that is, I suggest you don't look it up, it is quite scary.

Due to the unpredictable nature of a stoma, I now have to carry around a bag of supplies to sort out any problem that arises. So, I bought this bag with a shoulder strap - I think it's meant for carrying s tablet. Now, I find that having this bag is extremely useful to carry other things too, and I don't seem to mind wearing a nifty shoulder bag number.

Now, I'm not about to start packing it with tons of make-up, but ....... am I on the turn ? Should I start looking at dress sizes and start worrying how big my arse is ? Has my ability to parallel park gone out of the window ?

Only NSC has the answer

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
As long as you don't get to the checkout and spend a couple of minutes rumaging in your bag for your wallet then you've nowt to worry about.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Somewhst at odds with the frequent macho posturings on here, but I am loving my manbag.

After my major surgery for bowel cancer a few weeks ago, I was temporarily left with a stoma - this has been discussed elsewhere, if you don't know what that is, I suggest you don't look it up, it is quite scary.

Due to the unpredictable nature of a stoma, I now have to carry around a bag of supplies to sort out any problem that arises. So, I bought this bag with a shoulder strap - I think it's meant for carrying s tablet. Now, I find that having this bag is extremely useful to carry other things too, and I don't seem to mind wearing a nifty shoulder bag number.

Now, I'm not about to start packing it with tons of make-up, but ....... am I on the turn ? Should I start looking at dress sizes and start worrying how big my arse is ? Has my ability to parallel park gone out of the window ?

Only NSC has the answer

Pride is this weekend in Rainbow Village :thumbsup: :D

Hoping for a nice sultry storm of armageddon proportions. Fingers crossed :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big shorts with multiple giant pockets seem to me to be an acceptable alternative. Stick your, say, wallet or relatively expensive camera, in a lower level pocket and you'll bypass all but the craftiest of pickpockets. Would imagine the same to be true of stoma supplies.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Big shorts with multiple giant pockets seem to me to be an acceptable alternative. Stick your, say, wallet or relatively expensive camera, in a lower level pocket and you'll bypass all but the craftiest of pickpockets. Would imagine the same to be true of stoma supplies.

Hmmm, whilst I wouldn't use my new accessory for my phone, wallet or keys - they never leave my body, there are a lot of supplies needed for managing my new oriface, and it's handy to keep it all together, I call it my "puncture repair kit".

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
If travelling a long way by train, as I do, a boy bag is essential for glasses, paperback, phone charger, etc. Put it over your head and little chance of having it nicked.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If travelling a long way by train, as I do, a boy bag is essential for glasses, paperback, phone charger, etc. Put it over your head and little chance of having it nicked.

Absolutely this. Being a Brighton to London commuter, my man bag is an essential piece of equipment. Standard ever present contents: brolly, kindle, lunch, iPod & headphones

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I can dig that. The question is, once I've had the next operation and no longer have the stoma and no need for supplies, will I carry on with the bag. Juries' out at the mo, but I do rather like wearing one :)

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Brilliant! I did exactly the same when I had my stoma. Worked really well although I had a couple of comments (not in Brighton!). I no longer have a stoma but I do have the man bag and should use it again. Hope all going well with you and the teething troubles have settled down.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Brilliant! I did exactly the same when I had my stoma. Worked really well although I had a couple of comments (not in Brighton!). I no longer have a stoma but I do have the man bag and should use it again. Hope all going well with you and the teething troubles have settled down.

Thanks. Things have improved somewhat. I was back in hospital last week due to dehydration ( "crispy" my surgeon described me as ), I have got more used to managing the thing. I have found products that seem to work for me, although I don't get it right every time, I'm more or less there. We seem to have sorted the output too, with drugs, so quality of life has returned a bit. I may be eligible for a reversal quite soon I gather, so I may not have this for too long.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Only NSC has the answer

It takes a real man to carry a manbag.
My better half had a right shit fit at me last year on holiday as I got her to carry a few bits for me that wouldn't fit in the pockets of the trousers I was wearing without causing me discomfort. (Wallet, car keys, bottle of water, camera etc.) I was basically made to get a manbag and to be honest will never go back.
A couple of mates took the piss to begin with but the joke was quickly on them when the conceded that it was in fact very useful and now have one themselves.
I can still parallel park and am not yet getting measured up from dresses.
Real men have manbags, and it's those who think it unmanly that are in need of questioning their own masculinity.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
The bagless solution is the humble Levi's denim jacket. Most models are equipped with two poachers pockets per side, ideal for phone, wallet, iPod, camera and keys.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It takes a real man to carry a manbag.
My better half had a right shit fit at me last year on holiday as I got her to carry a few bits for me that wouldn't fit in the pockets of the trousers I was wearing without causing me discomfort. (Wallet, car keys, bottle of water, camera etc.) I was basically made to get a manbag and to be honest will never go back.
A couple of mates took the piss to begin with but the joke was quickly on them when the conceded that it was in fact very useful and now have one themselves.
I can still parallel park and am not yet getting measured up from dresses.
Real men have manbags, and it's those who think it unmanly that are in need of questioning their own masculinity.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Coolio. In actual fact it's not that different from the back pack I wore over my shoulder to work every day, without any qualms. I think I am completely at ease with my manhood (I've just re-read that sentence and it could sound quite dodgy !)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Real men need bags.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Coolio. In actual fact it's not that different from the back pack I wore over my shoulder to work every day, without any qualms. I think I am completely at ease with my manhood (I've just re-read that sentence and it could sound quite dodgy !)

Manbags make perfect sense. Full pockets are crap and ruin the line of your trousers.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thanks. Things have improved somewhat. I was back in hospital last week due to dehydration ( "crispy" my surgeon described me as ), I have got more used to managing the thing. I have found products that seem to work for me, although I don't get it right every time, I'm more or less there. We seem to have sorted the output too, with drugs, so quality of life has returned a bit. I may be eligible for a reversal quite soon I gather, so I may not have this for too long.

Dehydration is a real issue with a stoma and remains so for me. I use Dioralyte sachets, double strength at least once a day and more if necessary. They are also an excellent hangover remedy!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Dehydration is a real issue with a stoma and remains so for me. I use Dioralyte sachets, double strength at least once a day and more if necessary. They are also an excellent hangover remedy!

I was loosing so much fluid through my stoma, that seemed to be the problem. I went in for dialysis last Weds and tney couldn't do it, and found my access for the needdles had a clot, so they admitted me, gave me loads of IV fluids znd operated on my arm on Thurs. The op was successful and they saved my access point, and having upped my meds and knowing more about it now, I know for it not to happen again, hopefully.

I don 't remember too much about it as I was drifting in and out, but I think I was in trouble for a while last Weds afternoon. I was surrounded by medics for ages while my potassium went sky high and my blood sugar dropped like a stone. Not sure I want to know quite what happened, but I was in good hands at RSCH.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I carry a bag a lot in the summer as I wear shorts all the time. I can fit in my (mini) ipad, camera, phone, wallet, penknife/leatherman, torch, hanky, glasses and a few other bits and pieces.

Currently sporting this :
7day-s-og-4027-10.jpg

I really couldn't care less what anyone thinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here