Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jacob mellis

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Gone to Blackpool by all accounts......think we missed a good chance to get some creativity in...

You mustn't ever write anything that can be seen as even a little critism of the club otherwise you will be labelled there favourite word and receive thumbs downs from the Rosie gang

Dec 29, 2011
I think we're aiming higher than that. We can compete with Blackpool in both financial terms and in terms of promotion prospects. I'm sure if we wanted him (and he wanted to come here) we could have outbid Blackpool.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yes but could we have offered the promise of first team football like they can, after all he will walk straight into the starting 11.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
You mustn't ever write anything that can be seen as even a little critism of the club otherwise you will be labelled there favourite word and receive thumbs downs from the Rosie gang

There is no criticism of the club in my OP. Just an observation from my own point of view. That's all....

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
But signing O'Grady from Barnsley was "a lack of ambition" according to many on here. So why do we want more from there?

He could have played for Ebbsfleet for all I care, hes still a decent prospect and in a better side he may well prove to be an even better player.

No disrespect to Ebbsfleet either....

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I agree. Seems a lot of people just look at the name and the previous club though when judging a player.

I'm wondering how much he actually went for, does anyone know? Maybe he was out of contract....im not sure

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here