Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies and Occasional foods.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Pies are classed by the Ministry of Health in Australia as an Occasional food, meaning you should only eat one pie, 4 times a year. 4. Times. A. Year!

How many do you reckon you get through? I am generally a very healthy eater and I get through more pies n pasty's than that by far.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Does that include all types of pie? I.e. apple, pork, steak and kidney? Like you I'm pretty healthy, but probably eat 2 or 3 a month.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I pretty much only eat pies at The Amex, so maybe 18 a year taking into account the games which I miss or the (rare) occasions when I don't have a pie. I'm pretty healthy too and don't see this as an issue, it's all about eating unhealthy food in moderation.

Unless we're talking about mince pies, in which case that number increases quite a bit around Christmas.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Does that include all types of pie? I.e. apple, pork, steak and kidney? Like you I'm pretty healthy, but probably eat 2 or 3 a month.

Any food covered in sweet or savoury pastry I think. If I'm out for a hike or on the allotment all day, a pie or pasty is just the ticket as you work or stroll. At least a couple a month.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Some BHA fans have two pies per home game! So thats over 40 a season, let alone what they consume away from the Albion.
Everything in moderation.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
1 pie every evening game at AMEX. Very occasionally 2. Never on Saturdays.

Don't eat them otherwise.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What with Piglet Pies of a matchday, plus a more or less weekly Real Pie Company pie following their Wednesday delivery to Preston Road Supershop, and times when the lure of the Stinky Station Pasty becomes too hard to resist, must be getting on for 60 or 70. Easily done. Like to think I eat pretty healthily the rest of the time. Drink like a fish, mind.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I very rarely eat pies. If I want take away food, they are at the very bottom of my list, and They're too much of a hassle to make at home, except for very occasionally.

So for me, yes, they are an occasional food.

I've always eaten quite a lot of bread, but thanks to [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] and others on this board I've been scared off that now - another 'occasional' for me. Cheers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pies are classed by the Ministry of Health in Australia as an Occasional food, meaning you should only eat one pie, 4 times a year. 4. Times. A. Year!

How many do you reckon you get through? I am generally a very healthy eater and I get through more pies n pasty's than that by far.

The average Aussie clearly has no regard for The Ministry Of Health........dont they eat 4 pies a day?........and wear vests as formal gear?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Wonder if thats a trend. More pies consumed at evening games than saturdays.

Actually that's a good point, I quite often have a fish finger sandwich instead of a pie at a Saturday game.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I pretty much only eat pies at The Amex, so maybe 18 a year taking into account the games which I miss or the (rare) occasions when I don't have a pie. I'm pretty healthy too and don't see this as an issue, it's all about eating unhealthy food in moderation.

Unless we're talking about mince pies, in which case that number increases quite a bit around Christmas.

This

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
eating a whole, full bore 12-18" pie yourself 4 times a year is sensible advice i think

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I've done the hat-trick at a Saturday afternoon game before. That would leave me one for the year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

That's because, Down Under, a pie isn't just a pie. It's also a FLOATER :eek:

floater.jpg

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I've done the hat-trick at a Saturday afternoon game before. That would leave me one for the year.

Likewise. I'm making it a tradition of mine to do the hat-trick on the last home game of every season. Fortunately I have a good diet Sunday-Monday. Saturdays, however, are normally a different kettle of fish.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm thinking about 200 pies a year. Less if I count the family size pie I occasionally have as an evening meal as one pie and not four.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I actually eat less pies here than I did back in blighty.
When I do, I get raised eyebrows when I say no tomato sauce, couldn't think of anything worse to put on it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Jesters pies here are minute, pies here in general are a bit smaller than sold in Brighton and not as deep, IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here