Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carl Jenkinson

BigGaz318

Jul 9, 2012
A friend of mine is a Southampton fan and apprently Jenkinson has rejected a move to Southampton from Arsenal to come to Brighton intead on loan. I have my doubts though as why turn down Premier League playing time to play in the Championship. Also Jenkinson is a right back and we need a left back. Anyone else heard a similar story or know who is next on our radar?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Going to West Ham i've read on twatter as he wants to stay in London. Reported by Graeme Bailey. Doesnt want to go up north to Hull.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Unlikely, I think. Lower/mid prem side for him - I can't see him dropping down a level.

Anything can happen though.

albionite

May 20, 2009
A friend of mine is a Southampton fan and apprently Jenkinson has rejected a move to Southampton from Arsenal to come to Brighton intead on loan. I have my doubts though as why turn down Premier League playing time to play in the Championship. Also Jenkinson is a right back and we need a left back. Anyone else heard a similar story or know who is next on our radar?

Is your mate bensgrandad?

We have no chance, West Ham, Sunderland, Hull city are all after him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rl-Jenkinson-Arsenal-holding-5m-defender.html

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well there's PL competition, large wages and we already have two right backs.

On the other hand he has played for Finland at youth level...........

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Steve Bruce said this morning that he isn't coming to Hull anymore as he'd like to stay in London, thus West Ham are "in the driving seat".

So nope. Not happening.

Saw him play a few games for Eastbourne - defy anyone there at the time that he looked anything special

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Recently capped by England and played a fair number of games for Arsenal at Premier League and Champions League level. Therefore, zero chance of him coming here. West Ham would be the most logical destination for him.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Offer existing right backs new contracts, have them accept and sign them, then get another right back in on loan. Mmmm

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Offer existing right backs new contracts, have them accept and sign them, then get another right back in on loan. Mmmm

That would be as silly as having a March, Buckley, LuaLua and Lopez, signing a decent looking spanish winger and then signing another wide player on loan and playing him instead of them

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A die-hard Arsenal fan, who really doesn't want to leave permanently from what Arsenal fans have said on other forums I use. Might see us as one last chance to prove himself to Wenger if the choice is us on loan or sold to West Ham/Sunderland/Hull? Can play anywhere across the back and still only 22 years old.

Do I think he'll come here? No. But I'm not going to completely write it off. Would be a very good signing on a year long loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here