Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers In - Potential Value

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Now obviously we won't know this until the season kicks off so this is a speculative thread, however, the 4 first team signings we've made so far this window, in their own way look like great business

Toko - freebie that is going to play a lot of games at the heart of midfield. Offers something different to all the other players that we have in there

Hughes - It could be argued that he's a safer bet than Upson was when we signed him. A fit, comitted, massively experienced professional should be an asset to the club

O' Grady - 500k for a guy that scored 15 goals in this league last year. The only question I'm asking is why no one else was in there.

Stockdale - £1m for a keeper who has impressed at PL level is an absolute steal.

I don't doubt we still need to do some essential business preferably before kick off (LB and goalscorer) and then add some quality before the window shuts but these signings must give people confidence that the theory behind recruitment has produced players for us that it is likely will have a value that far exceeds the outlay on them.

I'm really looking forward to see what we do closer to the window closing, I reckon we've got some really pleasant suprises in store.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
When you look at it like that, the level of panic on here seems absolutely ludicrous...

Good stuff. I have high hopes for all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here