Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Update - Paul Barber (merged)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nice bit of common sense really. The thing about the World Cup is a key point, particularly if we're looking at loans. For example Lingard may currently want to fight for his Man U place but that could change rapidly if Man U sign another couple in his place.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
To summarise: stop wetting the bed. Although I suppose PB is paid to put it more subtly than that.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I recall something very similar being issued last year. There's nothing new here. That's not a bad thing - consistency in messaging is important.

The proof of the pudding will be just how competitive the squad is to achieve a play off spot. I guess another measure of success would be how many of the targets that Sami has agreed with PB/TB are actually signed. We'll not know, since the club won't publish either the specific names or the eventual success ratio. If we get a playoff spot, it's been successful, if we don't, and Sami leaves, we possibly haven't.

For the very little it's worth, so far I've been more impressed with this window than the last two, although I'm not convinced that Hughes is a good enough replacement for Upson.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What you can't see in the photo, is the white cat he is stroking.

blofeld.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Now we know what the Emergency meeting at the training ground was all about..

How to control the escalation in bedwetting that has gripped the area over the past month or so.

Hopefully, this statement will allow some to have drier nights.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Now we know what the Emergency meeting at the training ground was all about..

How to control the escalation in bedwetting that has gripped the area over the past month or so.

Hopefully, this statement will allow some to have drier nights.

Do you think that severe downpour yesterday was the collective urine juices of Brighton fans splurging across Sussex? Weirdly enough, it did seem to ease off when the Stockdale signing was announced....

I will keep my eye on this.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There's some people on this forum that would benefit from the following paragraphs;

"Transfer windows are strange beasts. They don’t always work on the inside in the way fans, journalists or other observers perceive them to work from the outside."

“It’s a complex, competitive and highly unpredictable business. And, in a climate where financial fair play is biting in different ways, cool heads and patience is absolutely key."

“I would also ask our fans to also be patient. However frustrating it may be for some of our supporters, it makes no sense for us to talk publicly about our targets, our budget or our priorities - but fans should not mistake this silence for inactivity."

Isn't this what the majority of us have been saying? I am fully confident that come the opening day of the season we will have a squad good enough to compete for the playoffs and by September 1 we will have one of the strongest sides in the league outside of the relegated 3.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The whole transfer system in this country needs looking at as the window being open into the season and clubs like us having to wait until the money men have had their pick is getting more and more ridiculous.

What Barber said is right and no doubt we are doing the best we have in the circumstances we are operating but I would like to see a system where transfers are done and squads ready for the start of the season. I have no doubt we will still be adding to our squad in September and in a competitive championship you can already be playing catch up as you are settling new faces in.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Do you think that severe downpour yesterday was the collective urine juices of Brighton fans splurging across Sussex? Weirdly enough, it did seem to ease off when the Stockdale signing was announced....

I will keep my eye on this.

Plausible, there's only so much evaporated urine clouds can hold.

With Twitter claiming Stockdale was a done deal on Sunday, then no official announcement from the club till 24 hours later, it was only a matter of time before the heavens opened.

When the next signing is allegedly close, I'd recommend investing in a new brolly :eek:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Plausible, there's only so much evaporated urine clouds can hold.

With Twitter claiming Stockdale was a done deal on Sunday, then no official announcement from the club till 24 hours later, it was only a matter of time before the heavens opened.

When the next signing is allegedly close, I'd recommend investing in a new brolly :eek:

You have an appropriate username.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well, he wouldn't have issued this statement if all 4 signings were close, so I suspect we'll have a bit of a wait for our main striker, sadly.

Ward seems close, and maybe Lingard ( if we are indeed going for him ), but the other 2 may take some weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here