Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMD and the Arab spring uprising.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I fear something big n nasty is brewing

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Global Politics - I just get the feeling that someone has been working their way throughout the Arab states creating instability and tension in order to gain political advantages or to control the resources there.

Its going to come back and bite us one day

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I cant remember the world feeling less stable in any of my 40 years. What on earth is wrong with our race?

Although the advent of modern media has made us much more aware of international events than we were before.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'll be glad when we get to the Star Trek phase of our evolution, when we all like each other and just bash the crap out of Johnny Alien.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing like a bit of 'nation building' to re-open old wounds.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ordo ab Chao

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone who thought the Arab Spring was going to lead to that region suddenly becoming more stable with everyone holding hands on their way to booths to vote in a democratic Western style election for a benign government that everyone would accept needs their head seeing to.

There is a real argument that Iraq was better off under Saddam and Libya under Gadaffi. Let's not even start with Syria. Egypt seems to be back where it started - after a few needless deaths, maimings and the continuing persecution of the Copts by Muslim gangs of course. It's not enough to revolt against what exists - there has to be something tangible, workable and acceptable to replace it with. Creating that under a despot? Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here