Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet another FFP thread...

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
As Arsenal start to come out of ‘New Stadium debt’ I found this interesting. I can see parallels between what Arsenal have done and we might have to do for the next couple of years.

SI: How difficult was it to be the Arsenal manager when teams like Chelsea and Manchester City were spending so freely?

Wenger: It was very difficult because the demand for success at the club his huge. Just before Ivan arrived at the club, I can remember board meetings where we sat there, and thought, 'How can we manage to survive?' But now we move into a different era again. We went through a patch where we had restricted finances. We went through a time where other clubs had unlimited resources. Now we're going through a period in the game where it looks like, with financial fair play, the era of unlimited resources is finished. Now, it looks like we can compete again. We managed to get through the storm without too much damage.

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...zidis-gedion-zelalem-alexis-sanchez-red-bulls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here