Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Gwendoline Christie/Game of Thrones

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
She's the actor who plays Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones. Apparently she grew up in a village in West Sussex; does anyone know which one? Maybe she's an Albion supporter…

BTW, I'm only half way through season 3, so no spoilers please!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I literally found out that she lived in Sussex this morning, and now it appears on NSC. Weird that.

So half way through season 3, I assure you, you have got some seriously amazing episodes coming up this season and next, have fun.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to Wikipedia she was born in Worthing and grew up "in a hamlet near the south downs". The Hamlet bit is all that is listed at imdb, it comes from an interview she gave, so it seems she hasn't specified which one. She then went to drama school in london and is now based there.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
According to Wikipedia she was born in Worthing and grew up "in a hamlet near the south downs". The Hamlet bit is all that is listed at imdb, it comes from an interview she gave, so it seems she hasn't specified which one. She then went to drama school in london and is now based there.

That's about how far I got Acker. Just thought someone on NSC might have gone to school with her or something. At 6' 2" she'd be difficult to forget!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not satisfied with fighting with swords in GoT she could well be brandishing a lightsabre in Star Wars Ep 7

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was in the Independant suppliment recently (read in a solicitor's office today) and it did say which village. Unfortunatly I didn't recognise the name and have a shocking memory

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
She used to be in Brighton all the time. At that height she was hard to miss! She used to often be around the North Laine, and at gigs etc.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I take it she's in later episodes? I've just started series 2 and don't recall seeing her.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
She's the actor who plays Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones. Apparently she grew up in a village in West Sussex; does anyone know which one? Maybe she's an Albion supporter…

BTW, I'm only half way through season 3, so no spoilers please!

No she's not.

She used to go out with a bloke I knew (someone who co-set up Immediate Clothing in Sydney Street), and as Shaun says, she used to be seen (she is 6'4") around Brighton, out at gigs etc.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I work with her cousin and have met her. She is going to be in the next Star Wars film.

I take it she's in later episodes? I've just started series 2 and don't recall seeing her.

yeh she's a regular from season 2 onwards

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

She starts in Season 2. Quite early on I think.

yeh she's a regular from season 2 onwards

Or does that count as a spoiler. Remember, you can die in GoT and come back to life, or as a zombie

*phew*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here