Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would YOU like the Albion to be taken over by a Middle East State?

Would you Like the Albion to be taken over by a Middle Eastern state?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Money no object, two fingers at FFP and a realistic chance of the Champion's League in less than 10 years?

Does it sound attractive to you?

Don't know why but I would fricking HATE it, illogical maybe but I would.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
No I wouldn't like it, (and have voted no), but if TB decided that was the way to go then there would be nothing we could do to stop it.

On the other hand if TB persuaded a government to inject a large amount of cash into the club without taking any equity just to get their names on the shirt and have the stadium renamed then yes, bring it on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No I wouldn't. TB will do for me just fine.

What I would like is an end to parachute payments and transfer windows coupled with a salary cap. Sadly never going to happen.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
God no, it's not football and more about which foreign owner can spunk the most amount of money on whichever player.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This would only work if you got promoted in the first season - constant transfer embargoes would make getting to the Premier League rather tricky, I would hope.

A definite no from me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anyone who said yes you may as well go and support Chelsea now...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This would only work if you got promoted in the first season - constant transfer embargoes would make getting to the Premier League rather tricky, I would hope.
The way it's set up, I don't think you'd stop them. For example, go on a mass spending spree now - put a prem team together. Add some more ridiculous quality in January. Despite spending £200m over the limit, your accounts won't have to be in by next summer, so just go and do it again next year. And when do FFP accounts have to be in, is it after Jan 2016? If so, that would give a 4th transfer window before there are any restrictions.

And whenever the last window they can use comes about, they'll just spend big and put all their players on long contracts, meaning they'll have a massive Prem quality squad for years to come. So of course they'll get promoted.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
No, TB is the best thing that has ever happened to us. Were he to decide one day that he wanted to pull the plug, or sell up..... well, it's a strange one - on the one hand I'd love to see the success and the high end players wearing the badge, but on the other hand, I'd want to know that it wasn't all built on sand.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
who care's about champions league if you can only afford to go watch your team a couple of times a season. If the Albion earnt their way up there that would be different, but I think someone coming in and buying the club and then pouring money in to it to take it to that level would actually feel like the club was being taken away from us.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The way it's set up, I don't think you'd stop them. For example, go on a mass spending spree now - put a prem team together. Add some more ridiculous quality in January. Despite spending £200m over the limit, your accounts won't have to be in by next summer, so just go and do it again next year. And when do FFP accounts have to be in, is it after Jan 2016? If so, that would give a 4th transfer window before there are any restrictions.

And whenever the last window they can use comes about, they'll just spend big and put all their players on long contracts, meaning they'll have a massive Prem quality squad for years to come. So of course they'll get promoted.

Assuming they meet this years FFP requirements with their 97 strikers.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
That's the other thing, look at Reading with their Russian oligarch. That's worked out blindingly for them. There's no gaurentees of your long term furture with a foreign owner. However we all know that Tony Bloom is an Albion fan through and through and he'll never just let us go to the wall or sell us off to some shady character. I'd much rather have that every time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Assuming they meet this years FFP requirements with their 97 strikers.
Well yes, Forest are not in an ideal situation, given they almost certainly fell foul of FFP last season. That would mean their last chance go crazy transfer window is now.

The end of this window is going to be mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here