Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Courtney Richards signs contract with Torquay United

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good for him, from the little I saw of him in our DS games I was surprised he was released
Funny how people see games isn't it? I thought he wasn't very good. I was impressed with James Muitt though spelling

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Converted from centre forward to defensive midfieldwr (Ince in reverse). Real workhorse with a fabulous positive attitude. Hope he does well.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
Thought I'd revive this thread.

The lad has been brilliant so far this season. Torquay are my other team and between him and Young in midfield, we're really bossing teams and playing some decent football. Scored a cracker as well the other week against Lincoln:

His goal is 1:40ish.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He scored the opening goal for Torquay at Blunder Park on Saturday. :lolol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thought I'd revive this thread.

The lad has been brilliant so far this season. Torquay are my other team and between him and Young in midfield, we're really bossing teams and playing some decent football. Scored a cracker as well the other week against Lincoln:

His goal is 1:40ish.

Glad to see he is carving out a career, it does worry me that we buy released players and stick them in the reserves for a couple of years to the ultimate detriment of their careers but is sounds like Courtney is doing well for himself.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He always buzzed about when I watched the DS, but probably hasn't quite got the ability to play at a higher level. Good luck to him though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Glad to see he is carving out a career, it does worry me that we buy released players and stick them in the reserves for a couple of years to the ultimate detriment of their careers but is sounds like Courtney is doing well for himself.

We don't 'buy' them. We give them an opportunity, when they've been released - i.e. have no club. It worked out well here for Ince and Bridcutt. Even the ones who don't quite make the grade here may still have benfitted from the coaching regime here, then flourish elsewhere - Yaser Kasim for example, and hopefully Courtney Richards too.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Mate of mine who's a Torquay fan was also raving about him and his ability to put his foot on the ball and take control. Good habits, our youngsters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here