Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do QPR have the same away kit as us?

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
article-2706706-2001236800000578-150_634x478.jpg

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I just noticed that QPR have exactly the same away kit as us. I can never remember this happening before and just wondered why this was allowed to happen. Surely Nike could have given us a different option?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I prefer there sponsor though

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely their sponsor logo isn't iron on?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I would imagine QPR fans are more miffed than us. Isn't one of their nicknames "The Hoops?"

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
In Barberspeak: We have a 2nd and 3rd kit that are just stock Nike kits, this is keeping the cost down for our home one which is a bespoke kit to a point.

Secondly, I could not care less. Building our side for this season is far more important.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The sponsor on that pic of Ferdinand looks like it was part of a professional design. My son's new BHA kit turned up on Friday and I can confirm that the sponsor looks like he'd ironed it on himself. Blindfolded. He's seven.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 56737

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I just noticed that QPR have exactly the same away kit as us. I can never remember this happening before and just wondered why this was allowed to happen. Surely Nike could have given us a different option?

Almost every kit made by adidas this season, be it Premier League or Championship, (or international teams) is based on the same template, either a plain or striped variation. Nottingham Forest and Ipswich, for example, will be essentially wearing the same home shirt, just in different colours.

It's just the way it is.

I

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
funnily enough QPR's home kit is a template, and ours isn't

couldnt care less about the away kit tbh, the home kit is the one that really matters

if you look around loads of different clubs have identical home kits with diff badges/sponsors, from all the big brands, its just how they do it

the reason for the majority of the lower league teams that do is because they aren't supplied directly by that actual brand, but by a 3rd party

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Because Nike are amazing. They don't want to design too many shirts. They also pay their workers a fair wage.

£2 a week for 10 hours work a day might just save the 10year old thai boy doing the work from having to be a lady boy when hes in his teens. Nike do such ga good job at saving the world

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
£2 a week for 10 hours work a day might just save the 10year old thai boy doing the work from having to be a lady boy when hes in his teens. Nike do such ga good job at saving the world

Not massively different from caring for a relative in this country, £35 a week to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here