Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do ?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If you received a letter from East Sussex Healthcare Trust in Eastbourne, McMillan Nurses.
The said letter is in your name correctly spelt, with the correct address and postcode, offering you psychological, emotional support plus counselling and a Palliative Care, after a verbal and written recommendation from a Nurse at Benenden Hospital in Sevenoaks.
Now bearing in mind The Mac Nurses are angels of the highest order, I know this I'm a Nurse myself so have worked very closely with them. Also bearing in mind I do NOT have the big C.
Taking all the above into consideration
I received this letter yesterday morning through my letterbox.
What would your reaction be to being told more or less " your dying "

I personally think someone is gonna be for the chop on Monday morning.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If you received a letter from East Sussex Healthcare Trust in Eastbourne, McMillan Nurses.
The said letter is in your name correctly spelt, with the correct address and postcode, offering you psychological, emotional support plus counselling and a Palliative Care, after a verbal and written recommendation from a Nurse at Benenden Hospital in Sevenoaks.
Now bearing in mind The Mac Nurses are angels of the highest order, I know this I'm a Nurse myself so have worked very closely with them. Also bearing in mind I do NOT have the big C.

did it actually come through the post (the postman delivering it)

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
did it actually come through the post (the postman delivering it)

Yes it did hand delivered via the postal service from Eastbourne by my usual Posty I saw him put it through letterbox !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Hopefully they won't be for the chop...and if the letter is meant for someone else my sympathies are with them.
It must be extremely upsetting to receive this...but as u've identified it as a mistake ...then someone is sure to get a rap over the buckles..but chop? Really?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yes it did hand delivered from Eastbourne by my usual Posty I saw him put it through letterbox !

blimey I would be seriously worried not by the big C but who would either want to upset you or get it absolutely wrong ....very weird

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Hopefully they won't be for the chop...and if the letter is meant for someone else my sympathies are with them.
It must be extremely upsetting to receive this...but as u've identified it as a mistake ...then someone is sure to get a rap over the buckles..but chop? Really?

I agree wouldn't want to see anyone lose their job, but what worries me is the fact that if it was sent to someone let's say
" a tad less stable " than myself, in their own name who pay regular visits to said hospitals for other things, they could at this very moment be revving up the car in the garage if you catch my drift.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

I agree wouldn't want to see anyone lose their job, but what worries me is the fact that if it was sent to someone let's say
" a tad less stable " than myself, in their own name who pay regular visits to said hospitals for other things, they could at this very moment be revving up the car in the garage if you catch my drift.

Good points well made,I think if I ever got the call from the quack id take a 9 iron down the level and start hacking away at a few chavs,smellys and any other anti social **** I could get to before the rozzers turned up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

hence the wrap on the nuckles

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

It's not about Cancer, our Baz. They may have seen some of your entries in NSC and been concerned about your anxiety levels.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
About six months ago I had a letter through the post, from NHS, which said as I had been gluten free for past twenty years they were advising me as to an update in bread I should be using.

Have never been diagnosed with a gluten problem.

I took the letter to the docs who asked me to confirm I was the person the letter was addressed to. I replied "Yes" and they said they were as puzzled as me as they had never told the NHS. As puzzling they said that they could not get the info removed from NHS records as once on, it has to stay on. Told me not to worry and forget same.

So who tells the NHS these falsehoods. If I should have been gluten free for 20 years I would be dead now, the food I have eaten.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here