Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Southampton being sold down the river?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Whilst we moan about our lack of signings, spare a thought for our south coast cousins, having sold pretty well all of their best players.

Come, laugh along with me...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Strange that, Southampton can't be short of money. They seem pretty established as Premiership side unless something goes wrong. Interesting to see how they get on this year. They'll be a very different team to last year.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They,re getting top dollar though for these players, good money to find quality replacements .

I think they've peaked though, and the good times are coming to an end

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
in all honesty,I think it's a shame

would like to think if they can do it,then so can we

it seems the chance of a "normal" football club breaking into the top 4 is as faraway as ever

selling your "best" player for a small fortune is part and parcel of football,but half the team,not good

I was actually looking forward to seeing how far they'll go this season,now they'll do well to stay up

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
No - just the new owners getting out as they don't have the ambition or interest in football after inheriting the club.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
They are being sold 'Down the River'. But as far as gambling goes I see it as an 'eat all you can eat buffet'.
I've done my pre-season Anti-Post wagers and Southampton to be relegated at 11/2 (Bet365) are in most of them. :rolleyes:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
the thing that Southampton do have is a great academy, producing some great players. Until Southampton can retain some for a little longer and win some trophies, unfortunately they will not have any buying power. The money is there, but not the appeal to big players.

I know they are Southampton, but I admire what they did last season in terms of performance.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I also feel sorry for Southampton. The CEO left, then the manager he bought in. Now the players who owe everything to the club, like England caps, want out as well. If that's living the dream it don't seem all that to me.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
the thing that Southampton do have is a great academy, producing some great players. Until Southampton can retain some for a little longer and win some trophies, unfortunately they will not have any buying power. The money is there, but not the appeal to big players.

I know they are Southampton, but I admire what they did last season in terms of performance.

That is true, they've developed some great players, but IMO this year they sold off too much talent.
I would, I'm embarrassed to confess struggle to admire them anymore than I could Palarse surviving last year. You must be nicer than me. :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They are losing there better players, but come on.... 25 million for Lallana? 20 for Lovern? be crazy not to take it.

They will be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here