Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T black mans pinch...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh right, it means your skin turns black if you are pinched by a black man. A blood blister. I'm no expert but I would say inferring black men hold dark spiritual powers to turn your skin black while not being outright racist is a fairly ignorant thing to say. Would you still rub a black man for luck?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Oh right, it means your skin turns black if you are pinched by a black man. A blood blister. I'm no expert but I would say inferring black men hold dark spiritual powers to turn your skin black while not being outright racist is a fairly ignorant thing to say. Would you still rub a black man for luck?

I didn't know rubbing a black man was lucky...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Hasn't this racist stuff gone too far? Do Afro-Caribbeans get upset if we said they were black? I certainly wouldn't if someone bizarrely suggested I was pink. :)

I think "black" is currently acceptable, but I got told off for using "coloured". Didn't it use to be the other way around?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I use that phrase, it's what my mum used to always call it. Force of habit now I suppose,

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Used by Derek Trotter in one episode of Only Fools and Horses...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think "black" is currently acceptable, but I got told off for using "coloured". Didn't it use to be the other way around?
I'm not sure 'coloured' was ever acceptable. Back when people said 'coloured' they didn't stop to think whether it was acceptable or not. Black is the correct term to refer to a black person's race. But that doesn't mean it's always appropriate to use it. For example, don't greet black people with 'hey black man' :)

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I'm not sure 'coloured' was ever acceptable. Back when people said 'coloured' they didn't stop to think whether it was acceptable or not. Black is the correct term to refer to a black person's race. But that doesn't mean it's always appropriate to use it. For example, don't greet black people with 'hey black man' :)
Yet an organisation in the USA which has been active for about 100 years championing an end to prejudice is the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People (NAACP). To the best of my knowledge there has been no move to change their name.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
. Black is the correct term to refer to a black person's race.

There are 4 major humanoid Races which are all divided into smaller groups none of which are known as the Black Race
Caucasian races (Aryans, Hamites, Semites)
Mongolian races (northern Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, American Indian),
Negroid races (African, Hottentots, Melanesians/Papua, “Negrito”, Australian Aborigine, Dravidians, Sinhalese)

You mean black is the currently accepted term

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There are 4 major humanoid Races which are all divided into smaller groups none of which are known as the Black Race
Caucasian races (Aryans, Hamites, Semites)
Mongolian races (northern Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, American Indian),
Negroid races (African, Hottentots, Melanesians/Papua, “Negrito”, Australian Aborigine, Dravidians, Sinhalese)

You mean black is the currently accepted term

You've only listed 3 , whats the fourth ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here