Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you eat bread?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Have cut it out of my diet for a couple of months now and feel like i have a lot more energy.

Anyone else tried this?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I find sandwiches are a bit messy if you leave out the bread. Cheese on toast also.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I love the stuff that goes on top of bread so eat too much.
However when I needed to shed some pounds when training for a marathon I felt so much healthier and trim when I ditched the bread for a few months.
Bread is main reason why we have so many fatties around (eg the chocolate spreads etc that goes with it)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I gave up bread a while ago and lost 2 stone

must do this again

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have cut it out of my diet for a couple of months now and feel like i have a lot more energy.

what have you replaced it with? i dont understand this no-bread helps health and energy, im not dismissing it, just seems odd that something thats been a staple for millenia should be found to be a problem in our diet.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Those of you who have lost weight from giving up bread, is that all you've done or is it part of a training regime ?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
what have you replaced it with? i dont understand this no-bread helps health and energy, im not dismissing it, just seems odd that something thats been a staple for millenia should be found to be a problem in our diet.

As has been said i felt a little bloated and low on energy after a sandwich cut it out and it stopped almost immediately; don't know the exact science but eating wheat evolutionarily speaking is relatively new for us. Replace it with anything bacon and potato salad would be my favourite, basically whatever else is on offer!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I love the stuff that goes on top of bread so eat too much.
However when I needed to shed some pounds when training for a marathon I felt so much healthier and trim when I ditched the bread for a few months.
Bread is main reason why we have so many fatties around (eg the chocolate spreads etc that goes with it)

Anyone over the age of 10 that spreads chocolate on bread needs to have long, hard look at themselves.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Anyone else tried this?

Yes, cut bread out except for very rare roll with soup. I feel much better and slimmer. I don't believe in self diagnosed allergies but bread is so often full of chemical gunk it can't be good for you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I agree to a point. I mean you don't see many Ethiopians claiming wheat intolerance! Basic bread is fine it's the chemicals they put in that's the problem. Even those artisan, fresh baked non sliced loaves made by the limbless albinos of the Himalyas are full of shit. "But this was made by Simeon at our local farmers market". I don't care if Fu Man Chu made it with his feet, it's gutrot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here