Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third test: England v India at Southampton, Jul 27-31

larus

England won toss and elected to bat.

AN Cook*, SD Robson, GS Ballance, IR Bell, JE Root, MM Ali, JC Buttler†, CR Woakes, CJ Jordan, SCJ Broad, JM Anderson

M Vijay, S Dhawan, CA Pujara, V Kohli, RG Sharma, AM Rahane, MS Dhoni*†, RA Jadeja, B Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Pankaj Singh

Very different lineup to England now from a couple of years ago.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Alastair Cook 50* (98 balls, 5 fours) :clap2:

This morning he became the 4th highest run scorer for England in Test Matches, overtaking Kevin Pietersen. He is behind only Graham Gooch, David Gower and Alec Stewart.

Now has 8212 runs at an average of 45.62

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Alastair Cook 50* (98 balls, 5 fours) :clap2:

This morning he became the 4th highest run scorer for England in Test Matches, overtaking Kevin Pietersen. He is behind only Graham Gooch, David Gower and Alec Stewart.

Now has 8212 runs at an average of 45.62

Now on 8232 and ahead of David Gower in 3rd place on the all-time England Test run scorers list (and in 13 fewer innings than Gower too - and at a higher average than Gower, Stewart or Gooch)

:clap2:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Now on 8232 and ahead of David Gower in 3rd place on the all-time England Test run scorers list (and in 13 fewer innings than Gower too - and at a higher average than Gower, Stewart or Gooch)

:clap2:

Great stuff.

I see that Alec Stewart's total of 8463 is also his birthday - 8th April 1963! Good bit of trivia that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Got to hand it to Cook for this knock. A typical gritty Cook of old innings. Proving me and a few others wrong I think!

And long may it continue :clap2:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Got to hand it to Cook for this knock. A typical gritty Cook of old innings. Proving me and a few others wrong I think!

And long may it continue :clap2:

It's not been perfect (he was dropped) but he's left the ball well and put the cover drive away. The Indian's line hasn't been as good as it has been today but you could argue that's because Cook has ground them down.

Either way, great to see, let's hope he takes the confidence derived from this knock into the field.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's not been perfect (he was dropped) but he's left the ball well and put the cover drive away. The Indian's line hasn't been as good as it has been today but you could argue that's because Cook has ground them down.

Either way, great to see, let's hope he takes the confidence derived from this knock into the field.

Whoops. Still a good knock though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here