Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving while wearing headphones/earphones? Dodgy?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Sir Alec Isigonis, in designing the Mini, launched in 1959, did not allow an aperture in the dash for a radio, saying they would distract drivers from the road

I've seen quite a few drivers recently, including ones driving LGVs, with earphones in both ears, and a guy the other day driving a car with full headphones on ???

This is shirley a safety issue, as they couldn't hear blues and twos from emergency vehicles, or shouts from pedestrians in a safety critical situation ???

Also, how do they gauge the revs of the engine when pulling away etc., not to mention any warning buzzers from the dash, or the brakes grinding if the pads are shot ???

It can't be all gauged from the instruments ???

Thoughts?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Are you suggesting that deaf drivers are dangerous? ???

There is a difference between hearing nothing and being distracted by noise.

Deaf people are able to adapt and compensate, morons with headphones/ earphones can't / don't.

I cannot see any rational reason to where headphone/ earphones whilst driving

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Is it any worse than 'hands free' or eating whilst driving ? Why not try just driving correctly for a change like advised too in The Highway Code or the DSA driving manual ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure I watched a programme that was a study on music and driving. Listening to your favourite music tended to make you more careless and aggressive, I think, or at least certain types of music. Google will be attacked.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In my book its dangerous but probably not as bad as using a mobile phone, which so many drivers still do. I have noticed a slight division between the sexes wherein men tend to use a mobile for talking and women tend to have it gripped alongside the steering wheel so they can text and see FB updates. So many of them do it and they seem to have no shame if you catch their eye while using the phone.

Additionally, they typical Brighton pedestrian is often wired up to headphones and I regularly see them stepping in to the road or crossing a street at a junction without looking behind to see if a car is turning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here