Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a Terry Thomas type German cad in Lewis Hamilton's side of the Merc garage?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have never known a Formula One driver have such appalling mechanical problems whilst driving for the best team. Mark Webber had some bad luck but it pales when compared to Hamilton's this season.

I think Hamilton has topped every Friday session and his car has run problem free but as soon as he gets to qualifying the gremlins appear. In the last two races during Quali one which is getting beyond bad luck.

Strange how German drivers with German teams and in contention for the World title get all the breaks eh?

Vettel for a number of seasons at Red Bull and now Rosberg at Mercedes.

At least Schumacher had a contract that made his team mates the inferior being on the race track.

Not made better by how Germanically smug Rosberg is becoming.

Last edited:

The prize money comes 100% from the constructors championship.

It is in Mercedes interest to ensure both cars finish every race.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
In his head Hamilton seems to believe there is a conspiracy against him. The Rosberg Monoco incident, then Rosberg signs a new Mercedes contract, Rosberg winning races and getting the ‘luck’.

I’ll not be surprised to see Hamilton to go back to McLaren (especially as Ron Dennis is back), but until then Mercedes need both cars to score points to ensure they stay ahead of the chasing pack (especially Williams).

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
In short no unless you are prepared to believe a professional team of top class individuals deliberately engineered a situation that had Hamilton have a high speed crash and then set if up so he was left sitting in a burning car. Would never happen

It's just bad luck and happens to the best of them

D

Deleted member 2719

I would rather be Hamilton with a fast car than button with a plodder. At the end of the day Hamiltons mentality will get the better of him IMO. Rosberg isn't phased by LH at all.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The last race showed how good Hamilton and his car is to finish Third from the start was more entertaining than starting on pole lets see if he can do it again!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germans do it better

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No, of course not. It's a testament to Hamilton's ability that he's as close as he is when confronted with the technical failings and problems he's had to face. When it's been a straight fight I think Hamilton leads by something like 4 races to 1. Next season will be interesting though. Will they make Hamilton a no. 2 driver and favour Rosberg if, as seems increasingly likely, Rosberg wins the title?

I'm also really enjoying Niki Lauder's regular interviews. He's pretty forthright isn't he?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would rather be Hamilton with a fast car than button with a plodder. At the end of the day Hamiltons mentality will get the better of him IMO. Rosberg isn't phased by LH at all.

Hard to be fazed by a team mate who has a car that doesn't work in qualifying and ends up at the back of the grid or well down the order. Rosberg was fazed enough to cheat in Monaco qualifying...probably.

Rosberg has not been under pressure for about 5 races now. Let's see how he reacts if he gets a couple of races where his car packs up in qualifying.

Button is not half the driver Hamilton is even if he is a jolly good chap.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'm sure that the Mercedes Team is doing its best for Hamilton and don't for one minute believe that there is any question of deliberate sabotage.

That's not to say that it may well be the case that the best engineers, priority in regards to parts, testing and time etc are favouring Rosberg over Hamilton.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Exactly this. May be some pressure from the marketing heads in Stuttgart to favour Rosberg, which can be done in a multitude of ways as per previous post. Don't see how a flaming, unreliable Mercedes does the brand image any goos at all!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Strange how German drivers with German teams and in contention for the World title get all the breaks eh?

Vettel for a number of seasons at Red Bull and now Rosberg at Mercedes.

Isn't Red Bull Austrian?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Isn't Red Bull Austrian?

This is true, I'd just assumed it was German.

Anyhoo Mercedes showed their true colours and where their support lies by having the nerve to tell Hamilton, who started from the pit lane, to move over for Rosberg who started from pole. I'd be looking for a new team if I were Lewis. Dreadful lack of respect from Mercedes IMO, especially as Hamilton was in with a chance of winning at the time.

So much for Lauda's bullshit earlier in the season about not having team orders and letting the drivers race, within reason.

Well done Lewis for the drive and telling the team that Rosberg needed to get closer before he had any intention of moving over.

Rosberg's cool totally blown in the post race interview. He is rattled.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Hate Hamilton and his horrid bird button is better cos he has brains aand is better in the wet in the same car button will win

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hate Hamilton and his horrid bird button is better cos he has brains aand is better in the wet in the same car button will win

What an idiotic quote. They did race together at McLaren and guess who finished ahead? :facepalm: Alright you prefer Button but get your facts right.

Mercedes showed exactly where their loyalties lie today. Disgraceful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here