Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cool things today that weren't around when you where young

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
In a reverse nostaligia thread...what cool things do you see kids doing that you would have liked when you were younger.

I would have liked to sit in a supermarket trolley watching a dvd on an iPad....I hated the weekly food shop.

Instant contact - being able to Skype friends and relatives all over the world.

I would have liked to be in Gully's gang

Ride around on a Trunki in the airport

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There weren't any supermarkets when I was young. We sent a list to the Coop with our divi book, and had it delivered on a Saturday morning.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The ability to stay in touch with people so easily, I cannot think how different my life would have been. Dug out some letters from girls I met on holiday etc, really made me think..... I don't think people in their 20s could realise quite how remarkably different the world they grew up in is to those of us in our late 30s and (for me) early 40s.....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tablets

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

The Amex

Sky+

Devices that can hold all your songs instead of having to manually record songs onto a tape.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The ability to stay in touch with people so easily, I cannot think how different my life would have been. Dug out some letters from girls I met on holiday etc, really made me think..... I don't think people in their 20s could realise quite how remarkably different the world they grew up in is to those of us in our late 30s and (for me) early 40s.....

This. We didn't have a phone until the 70s. It was down to the phone box with 4 pennies, press button A when the other person answered or B to get your money back.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Having the Merlin pass that gets in to various theme parks, instead of being dragged round Drusillas and punch & judy at the De La Warr pavillion. :yawn:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Football boots in any colour apart from black

Playstation/Xbox

i have every right to own an X-Box now,seeing as i missed out and had to make do with space invaders and artari when i was young..

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Recording TV to a hard drive. Not having to scan video tapes. Saying that, I don't know if I would swap growing up in the 80s with now. Even though I am on the internet now, I still think life was better without it. My poor daughter can't get away with anything at school. There is an account I can login too and I can see if she is late, what she ate for lunch. Her reports are all online. Great for me, but must be bloody awful for her. She is not a bad kid, but school is not only where go to learn but also get away from your parents.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here