Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got an Audi A4 Diesel (or VW passat)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Off to look at a couple later, wondered what the fuel consumption is like on a run (A27/A23) ?

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
A4 1.9 tdi 2003 estate. 47-52 mpg around town, pushing 60 mpg on a long run. Brilliant car, coming upto 150000 miles and it doesn't miss a beat!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Manual, probably 6 speed
Mid to high fifties I would think. The estate ,if you were going down that route, is quite a bit heavier and the CC is a slipprier (sp) shape.Make sure the cambelt has been changed and service history up to date. Some VW/ Audis have suffered with DPF (diesel particulate filters ) dicking around if used on short runs.I personally prefer the 1.9 TDI to the 2.0 litre. Nevertheless, great cars capable of starship mileages although a bit bland in my opinion.
Best of luck.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I gave a 62 plate passat 1.6tdi. Always 50+. If I take it easy it is upper 60's. Got over 70 on 300 mile trip to the Amex once.

I had an A6 2.0 tdi which was 50+.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
If you are looking for an enormous boot go for the Skoda Superb with 1.9 VW TDI engine - lower cost but excellent finish. I have the 4x4 version, but still get nearly 49 between Bristol and the Amex. Comes in six gear manual diesel.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
I have VW Passat 2.0 TDI 2010 6 speed Manual
I Drive from eastbourne to Gatwick 5 days a week!

Gets 60mpg easy and had 70mpg driving very carefully last week. I do 420 miles a week for £48-£50....

Researched vw/audi 2.0 tdi best engine 2009 onwards, 1.9tdi noisy engine and 1.6tdi very slow,,

Get audi/Vw 2.0 Tdi best engine , done 83,000 trouble no problems so far

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As u live in Eastbourne,, don't you go up A22 and then join A23 at east grinstead?

No, usually go A27/A23.

If I go up the A22 I cut off East Grinstead, turning left at Wych Cross and going through Sharpthorne and Turners Hill.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
No, usually go A27/A23.

If I go up the A22 I cut off East Grinstead, turning left at Wych Cross and going through Sharpthorne and Turners Hill.

Sorry I meant a23 east grinstead junction, I find wych cross and sharpthrone then Crawley down best route to gatwick because it saves 6 miles in 1 trip.. Even tho a27/a23 faster you end up at gatwick about same time due to extra miles!

Did u buy a car buddy?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Had a VW Passat 6 gear diesel on hire in Ireland a couple of weeks ago. Had 12km on clock when we picked it up with a full tank.

When we returned it we had 1040km on clock and cost £63 to fill up. Think fuel is a little cheaper in Ireland, or at least diesel is cheaper than petrol.

I thought it was a great car.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Sorry I meant a23 east grinstead junction, I find wych cross and sharpthrone then Crawley down best route to gatwick because it saves 6 miles in 1 trip.. Even tho a27/a23 faster you end up at gatwick about same time due to extra miles!

Did u buy a car buddy?

Yeah, ended up buying (well, put deposit down, collect in a few days) a Honda CR-V

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I drive a diesel Audi A4 at work quite regularly (can't remember what size engine it is but it goes some).

Usually get about 22mpg out of it I think :D

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I drive a diesel Audi A4 at work quite regularly (can't remember what size engine it is but it goes some).

Usually get about 22mpg out of it I think :D

Probably the 3.0 quattro. I thought (briefly) about one of them but they're a bit mental and I'd probably end up getting a ticket; you know what Sussex Police are like ("should be out catching real criminals not picking on innocent motorists"). I'm rather proud (smug) of my 30+ years clean license.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
you know what Sussex Police are like ("should be out catching real criminals not picking on innocent motorists")

Nah, no I don't?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here