Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old BBC Radio recording

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I know it's a long shot but does anyone know where I could buy, steal or borrow a copy of 1953 BBC Radio recording of David Jones's The Anathemata (Douglas Cleverdon's adaptation), without having to come to the UK myself?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I know it's a long shot but does anyone know where I could buy, steal or borrow a copy of 1953 BBC Radio recording of David Jones's The Anathemata (Douglas Cleverdon's adaptation), without having to come to the UK myself?

If it's available here, I'm sure that someone (me, for example) could get you a copy and post it/upload it....

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
If it's available here, I'm sure that someone (me, for example) could get you a copy and post it/upload it....

Thank you very much for your kind offer of help, Goldstone! You would have my undying gratitude. Of course I will reimburse all the cost, and also for your time and effort will send you a Polish NT Nike jersey in chosen size and colour (red or white).

:cheers:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thank you very much for your kind offer of help, Goldstone! You would have my undying gratitude. Of course I will reimburse all the cost, and also for your time and effort will send you a Polish NT Nike jersey in chosen size and colour (red or white).

:cheers:

I think you may be able to get a copy yourself from the BL. Have a look here: http://cadensa.bl.uk/uhtbin/cgisirsi/?ps=quDchwB0No/WORKS-FILE/306020013/123

#10 seems to have Cleverdon's commentary as well as the recording of the poem.

This is where you can order it from: http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/atyourdesk/transcription/transcriptionservice.html

You don't need to worry about getting copyright from the BBC since radio recordings are only in copyright for 50 years.

The BBC archive doesn't have a copy available.

I haven't checked ebay etc since I assume you've done that already.

If there's any more I can do, ping me.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Brilliant! I didn't know they offer such service. But isn't it only for British citizens in the UK? Well, I better write them and ask. Thank you very much indeed, Goldstone!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Brilliant! I didn't know they offer such service. But isn't it only for British citizens in the UK? Well, I better write them and ask. Thank you very much indeed, Goldstone!

There's nothing to suggest that it's only open to UK residents. But you can call to check: +44 (0)20 7412 7831. There's also a form to fill in on the same page. When you've filled it in, you send it to:

Sound and Moving Image Copying Services
LGF, BLCC
The British Library
96 Euston Rd
London
NW1 2DB

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I've only just noticed that it says on the form that "VAT is charged extra at a rate of 20% to all customers within the European Union", so it looks like it's open to foreign customers too! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here