Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK economy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just shows the lefties how clueless they are.

However there are still serious economic issues that need addressing such as an interest rate rise which will happen will cause major concerns, wage deflation is halting spending and house prices remain obscene.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

However there are still serious economic issues that need addressing such as an interest rate rise which will happen will cause major concerns, wage deflation is halting spending and house prices remain obscene.

Agree with this. House prices IMO have always been obscene.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Indeed if we had those lefty planks in charge the deficit would still be going up ! They whine on and on about austerity, but we were all in it together and now there is no deficit.😀

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Never mind there are plenty of

food banks

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Indeed if we had those lefty planks in charge the deficit would still be going up ! They whine on and on about austerity, but we were all in it together and now there is no deficit.

Not according to Ed,he said today if they had been re-elected the economy would have continued on its growth path and we would have reached this position far sooner.:lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Last year the richest 1,000 people in the country increased their personal wealth by £65 billion.

that is a fine example of meaningless statistics.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
"We're in this together" - Last year the richest 1,000 people in the country increased their personal wealth by £65 billion.

You do not really get it do you, every year they increase their wealth as does anyone fabulously rich, I suspect £65M was lot lower than some years.

What would you prefer, communism ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why? Just because you say so?

because it lacks context. there were two newcomers to the list that added 12bn instantly, and much of the wealth at the top is caluculations of asset values. property and shares often not even in this country. the wealth of the Hinduja's and Usmanov doesnt make any difference to the "regular people" in this country, except those they employ in their offices. so the stat "1000 richest increased wealth by £65Bn" has no real meaning, its just presentation of a number to shock.

May 27, 2014
"We're in this together" - Last year the richest 1,000 people in the country increased their personal wealth by £65 billion. Meanwhile the regular worker is still far worse off than pre-recession, with significantly less job security and lower wages, as our vital public services and welfare continue to see cuts.

We're all bending over and taking it for the sake of these essentially meaningless statistics. The only winners are the rich, and the politicians who have related corporate interests.

I think Mustafa has it about right.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Public sector wages have not risen, let alone risen above inflation, for ages. Investment in public services is similarly useless. I'm really struggling to see what an improved economy is actually supposed to mean to me in real terms.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
"We're in this together" - Last year the richest 1,000 people in the country increased their personal wealth by £65 billion. Meanwhile the regular worker is still far worse off than pre-recession, with significantly less job security and lower wages, as our vital public services and welfare continue to see cuts.

We're all bending over and taking it for the sake of these essentially meaningless statistics. The only winners are the rich, and the politicians who have related corporate interests.

I agree

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Indeed if we had those lefty planks in charge the deficit would still be going up ! They whine on and on about austerity, but we were all in it together and now there is no deficit.

You're either living on a different planet or dimmer than dim.

In June, the UK current account yearly deficit stood at over £24bn.

The economy as measured by GDP may be under a good head of steam, driven along by the Services sector (not Manufacturing or Construction) but the Coalitions' borrowing continues to soar upwards to record heights.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Christ. Anyone who thinks our government has any serious bearing on the economy needs to have a serious think. Peaks and troughs are surely a lot
global issue now over which we have absolutely no control and Brown was no more to blame for the last recession than Osborne is for the recovery. In fact the economy always recovers from a recession even though it looks hopeless at the time.

I think I could explain this better if I wasn't pissed but we are just a tiny cog in a very large and uncontrollable machine.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Public sector wages have not risen, let alone risen above inflation, for ages. Investment in public services is similarly useless. I'm really struggling to see what an improved economy is actually supposed to mean to me in real terms.
The private sector is little better.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here