Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IPhone/iPod help

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I know there's a few Apple fans on here, and none of the other forums have come up with anything, so here goes - my son's iPhone and iPod have both, for the last week or so, been displaying full WiFi, but won't connect to the internet. Other devices do, and they connect to internet elsewhere. We've reset them, forgotten connection and reconnected, even turned them off and on again. No change. Any ideas?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have you tried resetting your router (both by clicking the reset button, if it has one, and by unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for five minutes before plugging it back in - in my experience both tactics need to be tried, sometimes one works and the other doesn't)?

With my old router when we had too many devices connected to the router one would get bumped off. It would show as connected but not work until I tried the above methods.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I know there's a few Apple fans on here, and none of the other forums have come up with anything, so here goes - my son's iPhone and iPod have both, for the last week or so, been displaying full WiFi, but won't connect to the internet. Other devices do, and they connect to internet elsewhere. We've reset them, forgotten connection and reconnected, even turned them off and on again. No change. Any ideas?

Wish I could be more helpful, other than saying as it's two devices, you'd rather suspect the problem lies with the router/your internet provider.

How annoying for you. When you fix it, do tell what the problem was.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Wish I could be more helpful, other than saying as it's two devices, you'd rather suspect the problem lies with the router/your internet provider.

How annoying for you. When you fix it, do tell what the problem was.
That's what I thought, but my HTC and his Xbox are still picking it up and connecting to the net, as is the pc.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
So it's not the phone. You say it used to connect to your home internet but suddenly stopped - it's annoying i know when people suggest things or ask questions you've thought about for ages trying to solve this, but - I don't suppose anything's happened (upgrades, new wifi password) to the home internet? I know you say your other devices connect ok so I'm assuming everything's the same as it was before the phone and ipod...?

I've had some annoying internet issues with my iphone in the past, but this one is a frustratingly new one. To eliminate it, I'd give your internet company a call at least. Sorry to be of no help :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here