Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke pull your finger out

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
And another week goes by without any signings......what are you doing Mr Burke your job is to get us some new players what have you been doing for the past 3 months.....

Rant over I really thought we would have at least 1 player in by now

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was wondering if anyone would start a thread on the lack of signings. No one seems to have mentioned it before.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And another week goes by without any signings......what are you doing Mr Burke your job is to get us some new players what have you been doing for the past 3 months.....
re
Rant over I really thought we would have at least 1 player in by now

Better still make sure that the ones you do sign are the ones that you want not ones signed in desperation.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
You've only got to look at the rumour sites to see all the players we are after!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Lol, when I started a thread on this I was a bed wetter!

Seriously though the problem is not so much that we are being slow to sign players but more to the point a lot of fans are getting worried because we have sold many of our better players and not signed others.

Speaking for myself, I would not be so concerned if we had not lost PIG, Upson, Orlandi, Lopez, Bridcutt, Barnes, Hoskins, Ulloa, Ward, Lingard, Dave 2, Brez, Andrews in the last year or so.

I know we have signed others as well but it is the feeling that the squad quality and quantity seem to be going downhill with no sign of any real quality coming in.

That is what the real problem (bed wetting) is actually about.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So long as Dingodan, daveinprague and czechmate stay off the threads,.....I don't really care how many get started.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Back in the day, before this whole Director of Football malarkey, we would be blaming Hyypia for not getting the players in. The one good thing about this system is that we know exactly who's responsible for our poor transfer activity (not just this window so far, but both summer and winter transfer windows last season).

If manager's are so expendable these days, surely Director's of Football are too. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and get some cracking signings in before September, but I really have no confidence in the bloke after last season.

I agree with you.

The problem is that when you share this opinion many others will say TB obviously thinks he is doing a great job but I cannot see TB saying to Burke "ok, get the scouting done but don't actually sign anyone untile the very last minute and try not to buy anybody in January"

Seagull15

Jul 24, 2014
This topic is becoming increasingly boring now. Although i will agree in some areas the squad needs depth. Quality isnt something of an issue, other than Upson, Ulloa and PIG the players who have left were either fringe players or those who lived on the sidelines through injury. Also if the players who we are searching/scouting for dont meet our valuations or want too much money, then its a simple choice really. Would anyone on this thread pay over the odds for something (e.g a house)...i think not. Why do we all forgot we have one of the smallest budgets in our league and competing with the likes of Wigan etc who benefit from parachute payments is simply not possible. BHAFC fans can we please re-enter reality please and stop expecting groundbreaking signings.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
This topic is becoming increasingly boring now. Although i will agree in some areas the squad needs depth. Quality isnt something of an issue, other than Upson, Ulloa and PIG the players who have left were either fringe players or those who lived on the sidelines through injury. Also if the players who we are searching/scouting for dont meet our valuations or want too much money, then its a simple choice really. Would anyone on this thread pay over the odds for something (e.g a house)...i think not. Why do we all forgot we have one of the smallest budgets in our league and competing with the likes of Wigan etc who benefit from parachute payments is simply not possible. BHAFC fans can we please re-enter reality please and stop expecting groundbreaking signings.

Our 'small' budget has been added to to the tune of approx £14m so I am sure we could have got some quality in and still had, say £10m extra to put back towards whatever.

I'm sorry but whichever way you look at it, the OP is right on this.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

We don't have a 'small' budget for our league. Get your facts straight. It is true that we can't compete with those clubs with (the ridiculous) parachute payments, but we are still top half when it comes to budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here